Application - Platypus Sprinter - Alex Legg

  • alex
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2013
      Please accept my application to test the Platypus Sprinter. I have read and understand the entire BackpackGearTest.org Bylaws v0609 including Chapter 5. I agree to comply with all requirements. My signed tester agreement is on file.

      Tester Information:
      Name:  Alex Legg
      Age:  30
      Gender:  Male
      Height:  6'4" (1.9 m)
      Weight:  195 lb (88 kg)
      Email address:  alexlegg2 AT yahoo DOT com
      City, State, Country:  Lyons, Colorado, USA

      I have backpacked extensively throughout the southwestern United States my entire life. I prefer a lightweight approach using tarp tents and trail shoes so that I can save my strength for clocking miles. I hike on average 4 m daily from my back door and also enjoy trips up to 5 days in the backcountry. I encounter elevation from 5,000 ft to 14,000 ft and temperatures from below 0 F to 90 F.

      Test Plan:

      I will be in northern Colorado throughout this entire testing period. I will be hiking and backpacking in elevations from 6,500 ft to 14,000 ft. The Rocky Mountains experience varying weather this time of year from warm and sunny to rain and snow in the high country. The Platypus pack would be ideal for my peak bagging and day hiking endeavors where I don't carry much more than food, water, and light rain gear. I will be in Rocky Mountain National Park extensively as well as Roosevelt National Forest basically every day off that I have. I plan on bagging Longs Peak this year as well as enjoying many leisurely day hikes to many of the beautiful lakes that are nearby. I will report back on the durability of this Platypus as well as the functional aspects to determine if this pack is a good buy for readers looking at our BGT site.

      Current Test Load: La Sportiva GTX Boots (FR Stage), Optic Nerve Sunglasses (awaiting delivery)
      Tester status page: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1896.htm
      Owner Reviews in past year: 13
      Link to reviews/tests: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/alexlegg
      Outstanding applications: None at this time
      Additional BGT roles: None at this time.

      Thank you for the consideration!