Application - Platypus Sprinter - Mike Pearl

  • Mike Pearl
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2013

      Bladder control problem?  Well that depends on how quickly I drink 3 L of water!  All joking aside I would enjoy the opportunity to participate in this test.  Please find my application to test the Platypus Sprinter XT 25 Daypack below.

      1.  Disclaimer: I have read the BackpackGearTest Survival Guide v. 0609 and Bylaws v. 0609 and I agree to comply with all requirements and timetables. I have signed and submitted the Tester Agreement.

      2. Bio :  I have a great appreciation for the outdoors and get out at every opportunity.  I am a three-season backpacker and year round hiker.  I like to cover big distances while still taking in the views.  I have lightweight leanings but function and reliability are the priority.  I mostly travel woodland mountain terrain but enjoy hiking beautiful trails anywhere.

      Email: mikepearl36ATyahooDOTcom
      Age: 39
      Location: Hanover, New Hampshire, USA
      Gender: M
      Height: 5' 9" (1.75 m)
      Weight: 155 lb (70.30 kg)

      3. Test Plan: I am currently working on the goal of hiking all of New Hampshire's and Vermont's 4000 ft (1219 m) peaks, the highest being 6288 ft (1916 m).  Many of these are day hikes some work best as two or three day backpacks with distances ranging from 6 - 32 mi (9 - 51 km).  The conditions during the testing period in this area include average temperatures of 80 - 50 F (26 - 10 C) with 5 in (12 cm) of precipitation and almost always windy above treeline. If the test is underway before July 10th I will be day hiking a few trails in Acadia National Park in Maine during a three day, two night visit.

      This looks like a great peak bagging pack with potential for an overnight.  I am a fan of water at the ready and based on passed experience have interest in several of the bladder features.
       - BigZip / SlideLock opening for filling and retaining water as well as providing cleaning access
       - SlimeGuard antimicrobial treatment for warding off the dreading hose crud

      This is the same volume pack as other day packs I use.  However the Sprinter offers some new to me features.
       - Reservior Suspension ability to keep a full bladder in place
       - Removable Framesheets effect on comfort and suspension with variable loads
       - Multi-Use Waistbelt for variable loads specifically bladder full vs. empty

      4. Link Summary Page: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/mike%20pearl%c2%a0
          Number of ORs in the last 12 months - Two

      5. Current Test Load: NEMO Rhythm Sleeping Bag
          Link Test Status Page - http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1884.htm

      6. Other Pending Applications: None

      7. BGT Roles: Monitor and Call Manager

      Thank you for your time in considering my application,
      Mike