TEST CALL - Bladder control a problem?

  • richardglyon@att.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 21, 2013
      Not any longer. Cascade Designs and BackpackGearTest.org are offering the Platypus Sprinter XT 25 Daypack to three lucky testers.

      INFO: http://cascadedesigns.com/platypus/hydration-packs/hike/sprinter-xt-25/product

      US SHIPPPING INCLUDED, Newbie Limit does NOT apply
      As this is a daypack, overnight use is not required.
      THREE Report Test. Richard is the Test Director.
      Test call closes at midnight PDT (GMT -7) on Wednesday June 26

      In your BRIEF application:

      Subject line: "Application – Platypus Sprinter - <your name>"
      Please (pretty please with sugar on top) send a copy of your application directly to me at Montana DOT angler AT gmail DOT com as well as posting to the list.

      Include:

      1. Opening disclaimer for testing
      2. Brief personal bio
      3. Brief test plan, including backpacking venues, and anticipated weather.
      4. Link to your previous tests/ORs (summary page) AND number of ORs in the last 12 months not including your qualifying ORs
      5. Your current test load AND a link to your test status page
      6. Any other pending applications. If before this call closes you apply for anything subsequently to your Platypus Sprinter app, please send me an off-list email noting the new app.)
      7. Any additional BGT roles (mentor, monitor, editor, etc.)

      Good luck to all.
    • Jamie D.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 22, 2013
        Please consider my application to test the Platypus Sprinter XT 25 Daypack. I have read the current version of the test requirements stated in the BGT Tester Bylaws and I promise to comply with them to the best of my abilities. My Tester Agreement is on file and I am not a new tester.

        Reviewer's Information

        Jamie J. DeBenedetto
        Female, 40 years old
        Height: 5'11" (180 cm)
        Weight: 170 lb (77 kg)
        Email: jdeben-at-hotmail-dot-com
        Personal Website: www.mydog8az.com
        Location: Phoenix, Arizona - The Grand Canyon State
        Date: June 23rd, 2013

        Background/Experience

        I spent many hours of my youth fishing, rafting, creeking, and day-hiking in the wild places of Arizona. I caught the backpacking bug in high school. Presently I work as an exPAWdition leader so I'm in the field, usually with a pack of dogs, at least sixteen times a month. Primarily I'm a day-hiker with the occasional family camping trip mixed in throughout the year.
        When backpacking I prefer hammocks over ground sleeping and I gravitate toward multifunctional gear that enhances my comfort level with minimal fuss and weight. My total pack weight is typically less than 25 lbs (11 kg).

        Test Plan

        I am currently testing another daypack, the Mountainsmith Red Rock 25, which is in the FR phase. I believe given the high number of day hikes I take every month I should still be fairly considered for the Platypus Sprinter test. If chosen I would expect to be able to use it at least 40 times.
        At times I feel like I live in my daypack. A comfortable "ride", well designed features, and quality materials are must haves in my opinion. These attributes would be the most heavily scrutinized during my field testing. I rarely carry less than 3L of water when hiking so I will easily be able to put the hydration bladder to the test. I also like to carry water bottles so the side pockets would get a fair workout as well. I don't know how much the weatherproofing would be challenged, other than dog slobber, but since I live in a bloody hot desert, I have no doubt the backside ventilation will be put through its paces.
        I don't have a need to carry a helmet or ice axe but I do occasionally carry trekking poles and I'm willing to get creative to make sure all the packs features are evaluated.

        For the most part my hikes take place in desert mountain areas, high desert, or riparian zones. I also fish and kayak. If chosen for this test I would certainly use the Platypus Sprinter for any occasion where I thought it could do the job.

        Current Tests: Mountainsmith Red Rock 25 currently in the FR phase

        Direct link to all reports -
        http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/K9hiker

        Owner Reviews in the last year: None

        Other apps I have pending: None

        Other BGT Contributions: I am currently monitoring one test series and I am the Editors Team Director.

        Thank you for your time and for considering my application.
        Jamie J. DeBenedetto