Application to test: Gregory Contour pack - Ray Estrella

  • Ray
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20, 2013
      Please accept my application to test the Gregory Contour pack. I have read the BackpackGearTest.org bylaws v. 0609 including, but not limited to, Chapter 5. I agree to comply with all requirements.

      Tester Information
      Name: Raymond Estrella
      Age: 52
      Gender: Male
      Height: 6' 3" (193 cm)
      Weight: 220 lb (100 kg)
      Email address: rayestrella@...
      City: Moorhead
      State: Minnesota
      Country: USA
      Date: June 20, 2013

      Backpacking Background:

      I have been backpacking for over 30 years, all over California, and in many of the western states and Minnesota. I hike year-round, and average 500+ miles (800+ km) per year. I have made a move to lightweight gear, and smaller volume packs. I start early and hike hard so as to enjoy the afternoons exploring. I usually take a freestanding tent and enjoy hot meals at night. If not hiking solo I am usually with my brother-in-law Dave.

      Test plan

      While I have not tested many packs I have reviewed quite a lot so I know what to look for when evaluating and reporting on backpacks. While I will touch base on all the features of the Contour (of which there are an awful lot) I will focus on the fit, suspension and usability.

      It rains a lot here so I will be putting that water-proof top to the test. At least until I dig out the included rain cover. ;-)

      I know I can get some trips in locally and won a contest that is going to let me write my own schedule for a couple of weeks so I will do four 10's giving me some 3-day weekends. On those I can take the time to get to the center of the state at least to some better hiking.

      Here is a link to my tester page.

      I have no apps in at this time, nor do I have any tests going.

      My involvement with BGT includes active duty as Mod, Editor, Mentor, and Test Monitor.

      I have completed a lot of test series.

      I have written over 190 Owner Reviews, two already this month.

      My reports and reviews can be found at:

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/rayestrella

      Thank you for your consideration of me for this test,

      Ray