Re: LTR PCT DVD - David Wilkes

  • Kurt Papke
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 19, 2013
      Nice report David - i can tell you really enjoyed the movie! I have
      no substantive corrections for you, just some grammatical nitpicking:

      > In this report I will refer to Tell It ON the Mountain

      EDIT: capitalization, "On"

      > All of the photos in this report are screen captures from the film

      Comment: great job!! The screen captures added a lot.

      > As mentioned the film starts out with some very nice title graphics and opening scenes then goes on to provide some information about the PCT, the people involved and especially the few folks who for the lack of another term star in this film.

      EDIT: comma issues. I recommend "As mentioned, the film starts out
      with some very nice title graphics and opening scenes, then goes on to
      provide some information about the PCT, the people involved, and
      especially the few folks who for the lack of another term star in this
      film."

      > Mt Adams

      EDIT: spell out Mount or add period for abbreviation "Mt. Adams"

      > through hikers

      edit: I think this should be hypenated "through-hikers", that's the
      way I typically see it.

      > While some of the shots seam

      EDIT: seem

      > So could easily become a major portion of a film like Tell It On The Mountain.

      EDIT: incomplete sentence (no subject). maybe the easiest way to fix
      this one is "This could easily..."

      > But the filmmakers did a wonderful job in my opinion of including enough information about the trail to provide the needed backdrop and framework for the people that the film focuses on.

      EDIT: can't start a sentence with "But". I think you could just drop
      the "But" and it reads well.

      C'est tout. After making your corrections, upload at will and
      remember to delete from the Test folder. Thanks for your good work on
      this test!

      --Kurt
    • david wilkes
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 19, 2013
        Kurt,

        Thanks for catching my dumb mistakes, and even more for your comments. Being such a unique tests I was not sure I was on the right track or not.

        I made the changes, deleted the file from the test folder, and uploaded the corrected version.
        Now that the report is done I look forward to watching it again just for the pleasure of it. Maybe tonight while I am assembling my gear g

        Dave

        >________________________________

      • david wilkes
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 20, 2013
          Kurt,
          I noticed two other mistakes in the report that I intend to
          fix (tonight if I have time).
          In the third paragraph, the line “A few days after watching
          the film I loaded the disk into my laptop and started watching the extras.” should
          have been at the end of the paragraph not in the middle.

          > …unable to refrain to pause… Needs to be fixed. I will
          change the line to: “I have also been unable to refrain from pausing various
          scenes trying to see if it is a location that I recognize.”

          Thanks again,
          Dave

          >________________________________

        • Kurt
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 20, 2013
            Good catches both!!

            --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, david wilkes <amatbrewer@...> wrote:

            > Kurt,
            > I noticed two other mistakes in the report that I intend to
            > fix (tonight if I have time).
            > In the third paragraph, the line “A few days after watching
            > the film I loaded the disk into my laptop and started watching the extras.” should
            > have been at the end of the paragraph not in the middle.
            >
            > > …unable to refrain to pause… Needs to be fixed. I will
            > change the line to: “I have also been unable to refrain from pausing various
            > scenes trying to see if it is a location that I recognize.”
            >
            > Thanks again,
            > Dave
            >

            > >________________________________

          • Kurt Papke
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 21, 2013
              Our automated grammar checker (ha ha!) found a few more typos in your LTR:

              > Measured Dementions:

              EDIT: Dimensions

              > This is a documentary covering about a dozen through hikers on the Pacific Crest Trail

              EDIT: through-hikers

              > includes 55min of extras
              > it is over 2 hrs. plus another 55min of extras

              EDIT: 55 minutes (2 occurrences)

              > standard dvd holder

              EDIT: DVD

              > rather painful 3hrs of my life

              EDIT: 3 hours

              Sorry for the multiple iterations on this. i need to get a better
              grammar checker!

              --Kurt
            • david wilkes
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 21, 2013
                Yikes.
                I am heading out for a backpacking trip this evening, will try to get it done by Tues.

                Thanks,
                Dave

              • david wilkes
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 25, 2013