APPLICATION - BACKTRACK D-TOUR GPS - Theresa Lawrence

  • Theresa Lawrence
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19 9:55 AM
      APPLICATION TO TEST BUSHNELL BACKTRACK D-TOUR GPS

      Please accept my application to test the Bushnell BackTrack D-Tour GPS. I have read Chapter Five of the BackpackGearTest Survival Guide, version 0609, and I will follow all requirements. My signed BGT Agreement is on file.

      TESTER BIOGRAPHY

      Name: Theresa Lawrence
      Age: 35
      Gender: Female
      Height: 5 ft 8 in (173 cm)
      Weight: 125 lbs (57 kg)
      Email: theresa_newell AT yahoo DOT com
      Location: Sparwood, British Columbia, Canada
      Date: June 19, 2013

      I have more than 15 years of backpacking experience. Day hikes and 2-3 day backpacking trips take place on most weekends throughout the year while longer trips are only occasional. I backpack predominantly in mountain terrain (Coast Range, Cascades and Canadian Rockies) with the goal of summiting peaks. Activities I use my gear with include mountaineering, ski touring, rock climbing, kayaking, biking, trail running, Search and Rescue and overseas travel. I like my gear to be reasonably light, convenient and simple to use though I would not claim to be a lightweight hiker.

      TEST PLAN

      I am rather embarrassed to say I'm part of Search and Rescue and I don't know how to use a GPS. This would be a great opportunity for me to learn and reinforce why I should know how to do this and have fun doing it. This weekend we had a call out and when asked who on a team of 7 had the knowledge of using GPS, amazingly only 2 people did. Next time, I'd like to be one of them! I'm not a techy and would be very honest in my review on how easy or difficult it was to follow the instructions. I have a computer to support the downloading and I would like to see how this looks and represents my trips.  I would use it every chance I get from SAR activities to my planned backpacking trips in the mountains and explore all its features. Maybe I can even map my routes in Scotland this summer.

      PREVIOUSLY WRITTEN REPORTS

      Owner Reviews: 4 in the last year

      Current Tests:
      - Mpowerd Lucy Solar LED Lantern - LTR due Aug 1/13
      - Kindle Cook Box and Cafe - LTR due Aug 13/13
      - Artisan Nut Butter - LTR due Aug 27/13

      Outstanding Applications: Gregory Cairn 58 Backpack

      Completed Reviews: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/theresa_lawrence

      Tester Status Page: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1909.htm

      I have no other BGT roles.

      Thank you for considering my application,

      Theresa Lawrence