TEST CALL: Anyone into bagging Contours or Cairns?

  • Ryan Christensen
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 14, 2013
      For those interested in bagging some contours or cairns, Gregory Mountain Products and BGT are pleased to three qualified individuals the opportunity to test either the men's Contour 60 or women's Cairn 58 (gender specific) backpack.  I guess I don't have to tell you that Gregory makes great packs!!

      Details on the packs are available via these links:

      Gregory Mountain Products – Contour 60 (men’s) and Cairn 58 (women’s) Backpacks
      INFO: Contour 60 (men’s) http://www.gregorypacks.com/products/mens/technical/325/contour-60
      INFO: Cairn 58 (women’s) http://www.gregorypacks.com/products/womens/technical/328/cairn-58

      TEST CALL SPECIFICS:

      > Newbie Limit Does NOT Apply
      > 4-Month, 3 Report Test Series
      > U.S. Shipping Included

      SUCCINCT APPLICATIONS SHOULD INCLUDE:

      >  Brief Test Plan; how will you use the Contour or Cairn on your backpacking trips?
      >  Link to previous test reports
      >  Link to Tester Status Page
      (many forget this, please include it)
      >  Current test load
      >  Current applications
      >  Current role(s) at BGT (editor, mentor, monitor, other labors of love)
      >  Please include "Gregory" and "Contour or Cairn backpack" in the subject line of your application
      >  Please copy me on your application
      >  Test Call closes midnight (MDT) Thursday, June 20, 2013
      >  Curt is the Test Director on this one

      Thanks, Ryan

    • ftroop94
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 15, 2013
        One can't carry/test 2 packs at once, so I'm out on this one but I can avow I've never met a Gregory pack I didn't like! By far my most comfortable pack in a closet of countless is a Gregory.

        I'm surprised folks aren't posting applications from the trail on their smartphones?

        2 oz stoves, hand stitched hats, awesome packs!?!? I generally quietly and dutifully apply, test and write my reports but I'm confused at the idle muteness of late...

        I'll hop off my soapbox now...enough of my flesh pressing friends know me for my brashness, no need to go overboard in the cyber-world!

        ~SMK

        --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Ryan Christensen <bigdawgryan@...> wrote:

        > For those interested in bagging some contours or cairns, Gregory Mountain Products and BGT are pleased to three qualified individuals the opportunity to test either the men's Contour 60 or women's Cairn 58 (gender specific) backpack.  I guess I don't have to tell you that Gregory makes great packs!!
        >

        > Details on the packs are available via these links:
        >

        > Gregory Mountain Products â€" Contour 60 (men’s) and Cairn 58 (women’s) Backpacks
        > INFO: Contour 60 (men’s) http://www.gregorypacks.com/products/mens/technical/325/contour-60
        > INFO: Cairn 58 (women’s) http://www.gregorypacks.com/products/womens/technical/328/cairn-58
        >
        > TEST CALL SPECIFICS:
        >
        > > Newbie Limit Does NOT Apply
        > > 4-Month, 3 Report Test Series
        > > U.S. Shipping Included
        >

        > SUCCINCT APPLICATIONS SHOULD INCLUDE:
        >
        > >  Brief Test Plan; how will you use the Contour or Cairn on your backpacking trips?
        > >  Link to previous test reports
        > >  Link to Tester Status Page
        > (many forget this, please include it)
        > >  Current test load
        > >  Current applications
        > >  Current role(s) at BGT (editor, mentor, monitor, other labors of love)
        > >  Please include "Gregory" and "Contour or Cairn backpack" in the subject line of your application
        > >  Please copy me on your application
        > >  Test Call closes midnight (MDT) Thursday, June 20, 2013
        > >  Curt is the Test Director on this one
        >

        > Thanks, Ryan

      • RyanC
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 19, 2013
          The Gregory Mountain Products Contour / Cairn backpack test call is scheduled to close tomorrow night. Thus far, I see three applications; a big thanks to the three of you.

          I expected a flood of applications for this test. However, as my kids would say, our collective showing to date on this Test Call is "Weak Sauce!" Need I remind everyone that Gregory makes top-shelf backpacks? Presonally, I have two and love them both. These gender-specific, full-featured packs fall in a sweet spot for weekend trips and/or those leaning toward a lighter weight style of backpacking. Please submit those applications.

          In case you need it, the original test call info is included below.

          Thanks, Ryan

          --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Ryan Christensen <bigdawgryan@...> wrote:

          > For those interested in bagging some contours or cairns, Gregory Mountain Products and BGT are pleased to three qualified individuals the opportunity to test either the men's Contour 60 or women's Cairn 58 (gender specific) backpack.  I guess I don't have to tell you that Gregory makes great packs!!
          >

          > Details on the packs are available via these links:
          >

          > Gregory Mountain Products â€" Contour 60 (men’s) and Cairn 58 (women’s) Backpacks
          > INFO: Contour 60 (men’s) http://www.gregorypacks.com/products/mens/technical/325/contour-60
          > INFO: Cairn 58 (women’s) http://www.gregorypacks.com/products/womens/technical/328/cairn-58
          >
          > TEST CALL SPECIFICS:
          >
          > > Newbie Limit Does NOT Apply
          > > 4-Month, 3 Report Test Series
          > > U.S. Shipping Included
          >

          > SUCCINCT APPLICATIONS SHOULD INCLUDE:
          >
          > >  Brief Test Plan; how will you use the Contour or Cairn on your backpacking trips?
          > >  Link to previous test reports
          > >  Link to Tester Status Page
          > (many forget this, please include it)
          > >  Current test load
          > >  Current applications
          > >  Current role(s) at BGT (editor, mentor, monitor, other labors of love)
          > >  Please include "Gregory" and "Contour or Cairn backpack" in the subject line of your application
          > >  Please copy me on your application
          > >  Test Call closes midnight (MDT) Thursday, June 20, 2013
          > >  Curt is the Test Director on this one
          >

          > Thanks, Ryan

        • RyanC
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 22, 2013
            Hard to believe we only received four applications to test these great Gregory packs.

            Notwithstanding, a big thank you to the four who applied. Stay tuned for selections.

            Ryan