Application - Adidas Terrex shoes - Brian Hartman

  • Brian Hartman
    Message 1 of 1 , May 26, 2013
      Hello Kurt,

      Please accept my application to test the Adidas Terrex shoes.

      1. DISCLAIMER
      I have read the BackpackGearTest Survival Guide, version 0609, including Chapters 4, 5 and 6, and I will follow all requirements. I have also completed the tester agreement and submitted it as required. I will have no difficulty meeting the minimum expected use requirements for this test.

      2. PERSONAL BIO
      Tester Bio
      Name: Brian Hartman
      Age: 45
      Gender: Male
      Height: 5' 9" (1.7 Meters)
      Weight: 145 Pounds (66 Kilograms)
      Email address: bhart1426 at yahoo dot com
      City, State, Country: Westfield, Indiana, U.S.

      3. TEST PLAN:
      I started hiking in low cut shoes several years ago and find them more comfortable and less fatiguing than mid weight boots.  I really like the look of the Adidas Terrex GTX shoes and if chosen, my plan would be to test their comfort, durability, breathability and waterproofness.  I would also evaluate how easy they are to lace up and how well they grip steep trails and slippery rocks.  Lastly, I would like to spend more time researching and testing their new heel system that is supposedly designed for enhanced downhill comfort as downhill routes are where I tend to experience the most discomfort with my current shoes.  I have backpacking trips planned to Southern IN and Kentucky this summer and am hoping to visit Mammoth Cave as well which would be a great (wet!) workout for these shoes.  The locations I hike in average approx 2 inches of rain in June and July and are also abundant with streams, which I like to cross.

      I am very excited about the opportunity to test the Terrex Fast X Low GTX shoes. Thank you for considering my application and thanks to Adidas for providing these shoes for testing.

      4. CURRENT TEST LOAD: Optimus stove and Optic Nerve sunglasses
      5. Owner reviews (last 12 months): 2
      Previous reports: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/crazycamper
      Upload and post score: -1

      STATUS PAGE: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1849.htm