APPLICATION: adidas Terrex Shoes - John Waters

  • BySky Admin
    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 2013
      APPLICATION TO TEST THE adidas Outdoors Terrex Fast X GTX Trail Shoes

      Please accept my application to test theadidas Outdoors Terrex Fast X GTX
      Trail Shoes.

      1.) My Tester Agreement is on file as required. I am familiar with the
      latest BGT Bylaws v. 0609. I have read the requirements for being a tester
      and the new reporting requirements. I agree to comply with these
      requirements.

      2.) Tester's Biographical Information:

      Name: John R. Waters

      Age: 64

      Gender: Male

      Email Address: jrw at backpackgeartest.org

      City, State, Country: Canon City, Colorado, USA

      Backpacking Background: My backpacking began in 1999. I've hiked rain
      forests in Hawaii, Costa Rica, and Puerto Rico, on glaciers in New Zealand
      and Iceland, 14ers in Colorado and the deserts of Death Valley. Currently,
      my wife and I hike mostly in the Cooper Mountain range and the Wet Mountains
      of Fremont County - south central Colorado area. We day hike or snowshoe
      6-8 miles (10-13 km) a couple times a week with weekend hikes at least once
      a month.

      3.) Test Plan - Over the next four months of summer and fall, Kathy and I
      have plans to be hiking (snowshoeing when weather permits) or backpacking
      once a month or so in addition to at least weekly day hikes. Specific
      scheduled destinations in the works for multi-day trips include the Great
      Sand Dunes National Park, Rocky Mountain National Park, Cooper Mountain area
      (all Colorado).and the Flaming Gorge area in Utah.

      On all of these occasions, I'll be wearing shoes, so if I am selected, the
      Terrex shoes will get a good workout. I can easily guarantee more than
      double the minimum usage requirements.

      Most of the areas I trek in are high desert with lots of rocks and boulders
      to fall on and get dirty; lots of cactus and prickly juniper trees to reach
      out and snag my clothing and plenty of pine sap to test out the stain
      resistance of any clothing or shoes I wear. Thanks to desert heat and
      sweaty feet, I'll be able to see if the shoes retain odors. I do get to do
      some stream crossings and will still encounter some wet snow throughout the
      testing period. Also, I have been wearing lighter, more minimal shoes as of
      late, namely Vibram FiveFingers, so am getting much more comfortable with
      lighter shoes even for backpacking trips.

      4.) Current Tests include: none, so no Tester Status Page:

      5.) All Completed Tests and Owner's Reviews Can Be Viewed At: (no recent
      ORs - I'll have to do something about that!),

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/jwaters

      6.) Other Tests Applied/Applying for but not Assigned Include: none

      7.) I also contribute as the Test Schedule Director, Test Moderator, a Test
      Manager and Test Monitor for BGT.