IR - Tell it on the Mountain DVD - askLarry

  • laurence kirschner
    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 2013
      Dear BGTers:
      Appended below is my IR for the Tell it on the Mountain DVD.
      Html is at: http://tinyurl.com/pljxlbv

      Thanks!

      -larry

      -------------------
      Tell It On the Mountain DVD

      TEST SERIES BY LARRY KIRSCHNER

      Image Courtesy of Tell It On The Mountain

      INITIAL REPORT - May 25, 2013

      TESTER INFORMATION
      NAME: Larry Kirschner
      EMAIL: asklarry98 at hotmail dot com
      AGE: 49
      LOCATION: Columbus, OH
      GENDER: M
      HEIGHT: 5' 9" (1.75 m)
      WEIGHT: 205 lb (92 kg)
      I've been an intermittent camper/paddler since my teens, but now that my kids are avid Boy Scouts, I've caught the backpacking bug. I typically do 8-10 weekend hikes per year, and have spent time over the past few years backpacking the Philmont Scout Ranch in New Mexico and canoeing the Canadian wilderness. I like to travel "in comfort", but I've shrunk to medium weight, and continue to work toward going lighter and longer. With all of my investment into these ventures, I expect my wife and I will continue to trek long after the kids are gone´┐Ż
      INITIAL REPORT
      May 25, 2013

      PRODUCT INFORMATION & SPECIFICATIONS

      Publisher: Tell It On the Mountain
      Year of Copyright: 2013
      Manufacturer's Website: http://www.tellitonthemountain.com
      MSRP: USD $25.00 (Digital Download is USD $15.00)

      SPECS
      Media format: DVD
      Running time: 122 minutes
      Format: 16:9 aspect ratio

      ITEM DESCRIPTION

      Tell It on the Mountain: Tales from the Pacific Crest Trail is a documentary presented in DVD format which follows "a half dozen of the 300 or so hikers who attempt a PCT thru-hike every year." The DVD comes nicely packaged in a fold-out cover which depicts a solitary hiker climbing the side of a lonely trail with peaks in the distance. The back has a photo of a small group of hikers making their way up a snowy mountainside. The back also has a short 3-paragraph description of the Pacific Crest Trail and teases about the struggle to hike it. There is an intriguing notation that "Fewer people have thru-hiked the PCT than have climbed Mt. Everest." I did not know this fact, and it definitely intrigues me. The website mentioned on the DVD cover is a fairly simple affair, where a visitor can buy the DVD (or download the digital version). There are also some photos and videos, presumably of a few of the individuals that have thru-hiked it, and a few news items about the trail.

      INITIAL IMPRESSIONS and EXPECTATIONS

      After receiving and examining over the DVD, I'm definitely intrigued to watch it. I hope it is as interesting as it looks!

      This concludes my Inital Report on the Tell It on the Mountain DVD. Please check back in a few weeks and I will give my impressions after watching it.

      -larry kirschner