EDIT: IR - Helly Hansen Odin Traverse Pant - Andrei Girenkov

  • Kathy Waters
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8 9:06 PM
      Andrei,

      Below are your very tardy edits. I hadn't "accepted" the monitoring
      assignment but BridGeT assigned it to me anyway, I guess and since my
      acceptance wasn't noted in BridGeT, I never received any e-mails demanding
      my attention. So sorry about that, but better late than never.

      Please make the corrections, delete the test file and upload, ok? I'll be
      more prompt the next round and will adjust the FR and LTR dates so that this
      test is not dragged out an extra (almost) month.

      Thanks,

      Kathy

      Water resistant Ykk AquaguardR zip pockets

      EDIT: Should be "YKK" - all capital letters.

      The first thing that jumps out is that there is a lot of attention to detail
      in the construction of this jacket.

      EDIT: Change "jacket" to "pant".

      Between the manufacturer's website and the laundry tag on the pants I've
      been abel to figure out that this is a three-ply material.

      EDIT: Should be "able".

      According to the manufacturer's website, "10,000 mm is the same pressure you
      would experience diving to 10m or equal to the pressure from a fire hose."

      EDIT: Please add a space between "10" and "m".

      20,000 grams breathability indicates that a jacket is able to pass 40 liters
      water in 24 hours. In comparison, our human body perspires 1 liter per 24
      hours.
      EDIT: Is this a quote? If so, you need quotation marks. If not, change
      "jacket" to "pant" and give the Imperial conversion, please.

      Working from the top of the pant down, there are five belt loops, and a
      built in waist band that is adjusted via Velcro straps.

      EDIT: Should be "built-in" with hyphen. Does anything from the
      manufacturer specifically say "Velcro"? If not, change to "hook and loop"
      since Velcro is a trademark.

      All three pockets are water sealed.

      EDIT: Should be "water-sealed" with a hyphen.

      The pockets are just large enough to hold a men's wallet or a large smart
      phone.

      EDIT: I had to look this up, but it's "smartphone" - one word.

      On both sides of the pant there is a zipper running down the leg from mid
      thigh down to the bottom of the pant leg.

      EDIT: Please add a hyphen between "mid" and "thigh".

      Notably, these zippers are protected by a flap of fabric, but are not water
      sealed.

      EDIT: Should be "water-sealed" with a hyphen.

      I beleive the thought behind this design is that the loose end of the cord
      can be safely tucked away inside the pant leg rather than dangle on top of
      your boot.
      EDIT: Should be "believe".

      Side zippers are not water sealed - this may compromise the water resistance
      of the pant.
      EDIT: Should be "water-sealed" with a hyphen.

      * I have been unable to figure out a purpose for unzipping the side zippers
      from the bottom.

      COMMENT: Perhaps to get them over boots?