Application: PCT DVD - askLarry

  • laurence kirschner
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28 6:48 PM
      Hi Kurt-
      Please consider this
      application to test the PCT DVD. I have read Chapter Five
      of the BackpackGearTest Survival Guide version 0609, and, as always, I will
      follow all requirements.

      Biographical Information

      Name: Larry Kirschner

      Age: 49

      Gender: M

      Height: 5' 9" (1.75 m)

      Weight: 210 lb (95 kg)

      Email address: asklarry98 at hotmail dotcom

      City, State, Country: Columbus, Ohio USA

      Backpacking Background

      I've been an intermittent camper/paddler since my teens, but since we got
      involved with Boy Scouts, I've caught the backpacking bug. I typically do 8-10
      weekend hikes per year, plus one longer trip of 9-10 days. I have spent time
      over the past few years backpacking in Cimarron,
      New Mexico canoeing the Canadian wilderness,
      and camping out in the Florida Keys. I like to
      travel "in comfort", but I�m working towards going lighter and longer.
      Now that my kids will all soon moved out, my wife and I can really start to
      enjoy the outdoors!

      Test plan

      have been watching re-runs of Siskel and Ebert (RIP, guys) and doing my thumb
      work-outs so that I can give a big �thumbs-up� or �thumbs-down� to this DVD on
      the PCT. Although I live in Ohio, I have a colleague who has hiked parts of the
      trail, and I would very much like to do it, or at least some sections. My goal
      in watching this DVD is to learn about the PCT, and possibly be inspired to
      begin planning a trip in the next few years. As I noted in my updated bio, my kids will be moved out of the house by the fall, so I'm hoping to start planning longer and more involved backpacking trips for the fabulous Mrs. K and me. Eventually, I'd like to do some of the AT as well as the PCT, and maybe some stuff in between.

      As
      for me, I am an experienced movie watcher, and am fully equipped with a variety
      of equipment (Blu-Ray player, TV, eyes, stereo surround sound) for DVD
      watching! I�m willing to take the notes, and of course, to tell BGT all about
      it!

      Previously
      Written Reports can be found at

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/askLarry

      You can also check my Tester page at http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1649.htm

      CURRENT TESTS

      None

      TESTS
      YOU ARE MONITORING

      Optic Nerve - Pipeline Sunglasses

      OTHER PENDING APPLICATIONS

      None at the moment

      OTHER
      STUFF

      Number of owner reviews completed in
      last year: 1, I think

      Thank
      you for considering this application and thanks to Gerber for providing another
      awesome knife for testing

      -larry
      Kirschner