Application - Optimus Vega Stove – Brian Ha rtman

  • Brian Hartman
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 27 12:56 PM
      Dawn - Please accept my application to test the Optimus Vega Stove.

      1. DISCLAIMER
      I have read the BackpackGearTest Survival Guide, version 0609, including Chapters 4, 5 and 6, and I will follow all requirements. I have also completed the tester agreement and submitted it as required. I will have no difficulty meeting the minimum expected use requirements for this test.

      2. PERSONAL BIO
      Tester Bio
      Name: Brian Hartman
      Age: 45
      Gender: Male
      Height: 5' 9" (1.7 Meters)
      Weight: 145 Pounds (66 Kilograms)
      Email address: bhart1426 at yahoo dot com
      City, State, Country: Westfield, Indiana, U.S.

      3. BRIEF TEST PLAN:
      I have a number of backpacking trips planned this spring and summer and if chosen, I would love to test the Vega's simmering capabilities on such things as pancakes and eggs, french toast and ham and cheese sandwiches.  For the good of the test I might even try cooking a desert or two :).  I would also test how easily the stove sets up, how efficient it is with fuel canisters, how durable it is and whether it is adversly affected by windy conditions.  Thank you for considering my application and thanks to Katadyn for providing the Vega Stove for testing.

      4. CURRENT TEST LOAD = Optic Nerve sunglasses, Princeton Tec headlamp
      Previous reports: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/crazycamper
      Upload and post score: -1
      Status page: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1849.html

      5. OWNER REVIEWS (last 12 months) = 2