APPLICATION Optimus Vega Stove-Frances Penn

  • fpenn@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2013
      I have read Chapter 5 of the BackpackGearTest Survival Guide, Version 0609 and I will follow all requirements. My signed tester agreement is on file.

      Bio:
      Name: Frances Penn
      Age: 56
      Gender: Female
      Height: 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)
      Weight: 135 lb (61 kg)
      E-mail: fpenn AT sbcglobal DOT net
      Location: Costa Mesa, California, USA

      Backpacking background: I have been backpacking for six years mostly on long weekends in Southern California two or more 5-day trips per year in the Sierras. My total daypack weight is usually 15 lb (7 kg) and my total backpack weight is usually 28-30 lb (13-14 kg). I am a tent camper and have experienced all night rain, heavy winds, camping in snow, but mostly fair weather.

      Test plan: I have two 3-day weekend backpack trips and four 5-day backpack trips already planned for this coming summer to the Sierras, Joshua Tree and Yosemite. I have several 2-day weekend backpack trips planned and am looking for more opportunities to plan weekend trips. I day hike almost every layover day on my backpack trips. I also do conditioning hikes on weekday evenings so I will easily exceed the minimum requirements for testing.

      Current Tests:
      Heat Holder Thermal Socks, LTR due May 7
      Mountainsmith Carbonlite Trekking Poles, FR due June 4
      MPowerd Luci Solar Lantern, IR recently posted
      Helly Hansen Hybrid Pants, IR recently posted
      Optic Nerve Dedisse Sunglasses, waiting for item to arrive

      My tester status link: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1905.htm

      Owner Reviews: I have completed 3 in the last 12 months. I am searching my closet for more qualifying gear to write about.

      Pending applications:
      Gerber Intense Torch
      Osprey Viva 65 backpack

      I do not play any additional BGT roles.

      My thanks to Optimus and BackpackGearTest for their consideration.