Application - PCT DVD- David Wilkes

  • amatbrewer
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24, 2013
      Disclaimer
      Please accept my application. My signed tester agreement is on file, I have read BackpackGearTest Survival Guide, version 0609, as well as the BackpackGearTest.org Bylaws, and I intend to meet or exceed all test and reporting requirements.

      Bio
      Biographical Information
      Name: David Wilkes
      E-Mail: amatbrewer@...
      Age: 46
      Location: Yakima Washington USA
      Gender: M
      Height: 5' 11" (1.80 m)
      Weight: 175 lb (79 kg)

      I started backpacking in 1995 when I moved to Washington State. Since then, I
      have backpacked in all seasons and conditions and do most of my backpacking alone in the Washington Cascades. I prefer trips on rugged trails with plenty of elevation gain. My basic overnight pack is around 30 lbs (14 kg), not including consumables.

      Product Relevant Information
      How can I not apply for this test? A few of my go-to trails intersect and/or travel along the PCT, and if I really wanted to (and I kind of do) I can literally walk out my front door, follow the new William O Douglas trail, then turn left or right and head out along the PCT. I have no delusion that I will ever hike the PCT in its entirety, but I do have plans to hike more sections of it in Washington and Oregon. On a few of my outings I have had the pleasure of meeting some of the characters who are hiking the PCT and can attest that the ones I have met were friendly and full of great stories.

      I have a DVD players and computers so can review either format (DVD or Digital Download), and if am luckily enough to be selected would plan to watch the DVD in its entirety, taking notes, to report on the experience, and then review sections as necessary to flesh out my report.

      Previous Tests/OR's
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/amatbrewer

      OR's in last 12 Months
      None