Application - PCT DVD - Kerri Larkin

  • Kerri Larkin
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24, 2013
      Please accept my application to test the PCT DVD.

      I have read the BackpackGearTest.org bylaws (v. 0609) including Chapter 5. I agree to follow all instructions and fulfill all requirements. My signed tester agreement is on file.

      TESTER INFORMATION

      NAME: Kerri Larkin
      EMAIL: kerrilarkin AT yahoo DOT com
      AGE: 52
      LOCATION: Coffs Harbour, NSW, Australia
      GENDER: F
      HEIGHT: 5' 9" (1.75 m)
      WEIGHT: 247 lb (112.00 kg)

      I've been a camper and bushwalker for over thirty years. But have returned to walking after some years away due to injuries. I'm learning to use lightweight gear and love exploring with the lightest kit possible. I've travelled most of eastern Australia, walking in landscapes as diverse as tropical rainforest, snow fields, beaches and deserts.

      TEST PLAN:
      Yes, I am still nursing some injuries which are making it hard for me to get a 'hiking fix' at present, so I'd love the opportunity to test this DVD. I've been listening to podcasts on many of the great American walks for some years but there's nothing like seeing it. Although I doubt I'll ever have a chance to do more than vicariously live this dream, this walk still inspires me more than any other I've read about.

      So, I'd love the chance to 'walk' this trail from the comfort of my couch while I dream about spending six months in some breathtaking scenery.

      If selected, I will:
      determine the quality of video on a PAL system rather than NTSC
      spend several hours drooling over the scenery
      live, laugh and cry with the participants
      rate how much this DVD makes me want to take the challenge of walking the PCT
      write an outstanding review

      CURRENTLY TESTING:
      Cascade Designs LuxuryLite cot

      ORs IN LAST 12 MONTHS
      Sorry, nil.

      CURRENT APPLICATIONS
      Bear Grylls Instense Torch

      OTHER BGT DUTIES
      Monitor: Wolverine Gauge Boots. LTR due May 14

      PREVIOUS TESTS:
      My reports can be read at: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/Bumper

      I trust my application will recommend itself to you and thank you for your consideration.

      Kind Regards,

      Kerri Larkin