RE: [backpackgeartesters] Re: TEST CALL - Recharge with the Nano Tent

  • Ralph Ditton
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 12, 2013
      You tease Kathy. Naughty, naughty.

      Ralph

      From: backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Kathy Waters
      Sent: Friday, 12 April 2013 10:20 AM
      To: backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [backpackgeartesters] Re: TEST CALL - Recharge with the Nano
      Tent

      Nah, we didn’t get enough apps, so we Directors drew lots and are taking
      them for ourselves.

      Kathleen (Kathy) Waters

      Senior Director BackpackGearTest.org

      <http://www.backpackgeartest.org> www.backpackgeartest.org

      <mailto:Kathy@... <mailto:Kathy%40backpackgeartest.com> >
      Kathy@... <mailto:Kathy%40backpackgeartest.com>

      113 Latigo Lane D117

      Cañon City, CO 81212

      248-895-1553

      From: backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 12, 2013

        From: backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com

        <derek.hansen@...> wrote:

        > Formosa Enterprises and BackpackGearTest.org are pleased to provide 3
        testers with their new NANO tent.

        > Anyone who followed the news behind the recent Outdoor Retailer Show has
        been looking out for this product. We are pleased to be one of the first to
        work with this new vendor.

        > The NANO tent uses a proprietary nano technology impregnated into the
        fabric, allowing for solar recharging across the entire surface. Because the
        cells cover such a wide area, the tent can generate enough power to operate
        2 laptops, a small DC boom-box, charge cell phones, and even light the tent.
        The tent includes flat lithium-ion batteries and USB connections.

        > This is a 4-person, 3-season tent and weights 2.2 lbs, including the rain
        fly. List price is $785.

        > APPLICATION PARAMETERS
        >
        > Please include the following in your short but succinct application:
        >
        > 1. Subject line: APPLICATION - NANO Tent - Your Name
        > 2. The opening disclaimer for testing
        > 3. A brief personal bio
        > 4. A brief test plan (just long enough to demonstrate you understand the
        product and where you will be testing it.)
        > 5. A link to your previous tests/ORs (summary page) and number of ORs in
        the last 12 months
        > 6. List your current test load, AND a link to your test status page
        > 7. List any applications currently under consideration
        > 8. List any additional BGT roles (mentor, monitor, etc.)
        >
        > TEST SPECIFICS
        > * US shipping included
        > * Newbies are NOT ALLOWED.
        > * This is a two-ply, 3-season tent.
        > * Overnight use is MANDATORY.
        > * No "Mod" spots allowed. Anyone interested MUST submit an app.
        >
        > I'm expecting a lot of interest in this tent, so I will discriminate those
        apps that do not include erything.

        > MORE DETAILS
        > > http://www.usaring.com/nanotent.htm
        >
        > This test call will close at midnight (MST), Monday, April 8, 2013.
        >
        > Please Cc my personal email address along with the list to ensure I
        receive your application.

        > 73,
        >
        > ~derek

      • Jamie D.
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 12, 2013
          You guys are just mean!!!

          jamie d

          > Nah, we didn't get enough apps, so we Directors drew lots and are taking
          > them for ourselves.
          >

          > Kathleen (Kathy) Waters
          >
          > Senior Director BackpackGearTest.org
          >
          > <http://www.backpackgeartest.org> www.backpackgeartest.org
          >
          > <mailto:Kathy@...> Kathy@...
          >

          > 113 Latigo Lane D117
          >
          > Cañon City, CO 81212
          >
          > 248-895-1553

        • Kathy Waters
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 12, 2013
            Jamie,

            Does that mean you don’t want yours?

            Kathy

> [...]
            > the last 12 months
            > > 6. List your current test load, AND a link to your test status page
            > > 7. List any applications currently under consideration
            > > 8. List any additional BGT roles (mentor, monitor, etc.)
            > >
            > > TEST SPECIFICS
            > > * US shipping included
            > > * Newbies are NOT ALLOWED.
            > > * This is a two-ply, 3-season tent.
            > > * Overnight use is MANDATORY.
            > > * No "Mod" spots allowed. Anyone interested MUST submit an app.
            > >
            > > I'm expecting a lot of interest in this tent, so I will discriminate
            those
            > apps that do not include erything.
            > >

            > > MORE DETAILS
            > > > http://www.usaring.com/nanotent.htm
            > >
            > > This test call will close at midnight (MST), Monday, April 8, 2013.
            > >
            > > Please Cc my personal email address along with the list to ensure I

          • Mike Mosack
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 12, 2013
              Kathy,
              If Jamie doesn’t want it, I have my custom color pattern choice ready as well as the free custom UL backpack order option for ordering the Nano by the 14th...
              Mike Mosack

              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 12, 2013
                Na, Alex can have mine unless Nano is going to throwing in a 6 inch thick Ultrabot sleep pad with the warmer nodes and lumbar massage feature all for 6 oz. Then I might consider it!

                Jamie D

                > Jamie,
                >

                > Does that mean you don't want yours?
                >

                > Kathy

              • Kathy Waters
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 13, 2013
                  All yours, Jamie! When the tent is shipped it will have the Ultrabot sleep
                  pad as well. Thanks for being SO cooperative!

                  Kathy

                  wrote:

                  > Jamie,
                  >

                  > Does that mean you don't want yours?
                  >

                  > Kathy
                  >

                  > From: backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com
                  <mailto:backpackgeartesters%40yahoogroups.com>
                  > Subject: [backpackgeartesters] Re: TEST CALL - Recharge with the Nano Tent
                  >

                  > You guys are just mean!!!
                  >
                  > jamie d
                  >
                  > --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com
                  <mailto:backpackgeartesters%40yahoogroups.com>
                  > <mailto:backpackgeartesters%40yahoogroups.com> , "Kathy Waters" <kathy@>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Nah, we didn't get enough apps, so we Directors drew lots and are taking
                  > > them for ourselves.
                  > >

                  > > Kathleen (Kathy) Waters
                  > >
                  > > Senior Director BackpackGearTest.org
                  > >
                  > > <http://www.backpackgeartest.org> www.backpackgeartest.org
                  > >
                  > > <mailto:Kathy@> Kathy@
                  > >

                  > > 113 Latigo Lane D117
                  > >
                  > > Cañon City, CO 81212
                  > >
                  > > 248-895-1553
                  > >

                  > > From: backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com
                  <mailto:backpackgeartesters%40yahoogroups.com>
                  > <mailto:backpackgeartesters%40yahoogroups.com>

                • Jamie D.
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 13, 2013
                    Wow! Thanks. I'm sure I'll get a lot of mileage out it, probably not as much as this thread but a lot!

                    Jamie D