IR - ARTISANA ORGANIC NUT BUTTER - Kara S

  • K S
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 9, 2013
      Hello,

      Please see my attached report for the Artisana nut butters. The HTML file can be found at:
      http://tinyurl.com/cebf6aj

      Thank you in advance for your edits!!

      Kara

      ASTISANA SUPERFOODS NUT BUTTERS
      TEST SERIES BY KARA STANLEY
      IR
      April 09, 2013

      TESTER INFORMATION

      NAME: Kara Stanley
      EMAIL: karguo (at) yahoo (dot) com
      AGE: 30
      LOCATION: Phoenix, Arizona
      GENDER: F
      HEIGHT: 5' 10" (1.78 m)
      WEIGHT: 175 lb (79.40 kg)

      I have been hiking most of my life and backpacking since 2006. I have hiked mostly on the east coast, doing weekend trips in the Appalachian Mountains. Since moving to Arizona, my hikes have ranged from short desert hikes to overnight backpacking trips in the mountains. Recently I have taken up canyoneering and off-trail hiking/backpacking to spice things up. I currently use a solo non-free standing tent, canister stove, purification tabs, and lightweight trail runners, conditions permitting, to cut down on weight. My hikes are solo and range from an overnight trip to 4-5 nights on the trail.

      INITIAL REPORT

      PRODUCT INFORMATION & SPECIFICATIONS

      Manufacturer: Artisana
      Year of Manufacture: 2013
      Manufacturer's Website: <<HYPERLINK GOES HERE - "http://artisanafoods.com/" LINK TEXT = "http://artisanafoods.com/">>
      MSRP: None Listed
      Listed Weight: 0.5 oz  (14.2 g)
      Measured Weight: 0.5 oz (14 g)
      Other details: All flavors are vegan, kosher, and organic

      Each package has the following on it: "Made on machinery that processes tree nuts, but the facility is free from peanuts, gluten dairy, and soy.

      All superfood nut butters are a product of California, USA.

      <b>Blue Algae Nut Butter</b>

      Ingredients: Raw organic cashew butter, raw organic almond oil, raw blue algae, raw organic agave and organic lemon oil

      Nutrition Facts:
      Serving Size - One Package
      Calories: 70
      Total Fat: 5 g
      Saturated Fat: 1 g
      Cholesterol: 0 mg
      Sodium: 4 mg
      Total Carbohydrates 4 g
      Protein: 3 g

      <b> Goji & Milk Thistle Nut Butter </b> <<IMAGE GOES HERE. ALT TEXT = "IMAGE 2">>

      Ingredients: Raw organic cashew butter, raw organic almond oil, raw organic goji berry powder, raw organic agave, raw organic milk thistle, raw organic vanilla powder

      Nutrition Facts:
      Serving Size - One Package
      Calories: 58
      Total Fat: 4 g
      Saturated Fat: 1 g
      Cholesterol: 0 mg
      Sodium: 1 mg
      Total Carbohydrates 5 g
      Protein: 2 g

      <b> Acai Berry Nut Butter </B>

      Ingredients: Raw organic cashew butter, raw organic almond oil, raw organic acai powder, raw organic elderberry powder, raw organic agave, raw organic vanilla powder, raw organic stevia and sea salt

      Nutrition Facts:
      Serving Size - One Package
      Calories: 106
      Total Fat: 5 g
      Saturated Fat: 1 g
      Cholesterol: 0 mg
      Sodium: 19 mg
      Total Carbohydrates 14 g
      Protein: 2 g

      <b> Berry AntiOxidant Nut Butter</B> <<IMAGE GOES HERE. ALT TEXT = "IMAGE 3">>

      Ingredients: raw organic cashew butter, raw organic almond oil, raw organic goji berry powder, raw organic elderberry powder, raw organic agave and raw organic stevia

      Nutrition Facts:
      Serving Size - One Package
      Calories: 96
      Total Fat: 5 g
      Saturated Fat: 1 g
      Cholesterol: 0 mg
      Sodium: 1 mg
      Total Carbohydrates 5 g
      Protein: 2 g

      <b> Marine Phyto Plankton </b>

      Ingredients: Raw organic cashew butter, raw organic almond oil, raw phytoplankton, organic lemon oil, raw organic stevia and sea salt

      Nutrition Facts:
      Serving Size - One Package
      Calories: 75
      Total Fat: 6 g
      Saturated Fat: 1 g
      Cholesterol: 0 mg
      Sodium: 35 mg
      Total Carboydrates 4 g
      Protein: 3 g

      INITIAL IMPRESSIONS

      The superfoods nut butter flavors are intriguing and I can't wait to try them out. I eat a vegan diet, so I am always excited to have a new source of vegan protein to try out.

      The packages have directs to "Knead it, Squeeze it, Enjoy!" While I did not enjoy a package (I'm waiting until I can hit the trail with them), I need knead the package. The package seems sturdy and while I was initially worried about the package popping if I kneaded it too hard, it stood to my rough kneaded and I am no longer worried about it popping open.

      Also the nut butters are made in a facility free from common allergens - peanuts, gluten dairy, and soy- which is a plus for those with allergies.

      SUMMARY

      Overall these superfood nut butters sound tasty. Also their packaging seems sturdy and able to hold up to the rigors of being carried in a backpack.

      Thanks to Premier Organics, LCC, Inc. and BackpackGearTest.org for allowing me to take part in this test series. I can't wait to take these superfood nut butters on the trail!

      Copyright 2013.  All rights reserved.

    • Jamie D.
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 10, 2013
        Hi Kara,

        Looks like I get to assist you guys on this yummy looking test. As I have mentioned to the other testers there seems a bit of confusion about what the official name is going to be for the BGT site so I've asked Curt, the Test Mod to clarify. I'm fairly certainly the manufacturer should be listed as Premier Organics LLC, Inc., however. Please fix that now and when I hear from Curt about the rest I'll let you know.

        Your HTML (links, layout, pics) looks good. Thank you for including the size comparison to the battery. That's helpful at least to those of us in the USA. I found a few simple things for you to fix and I have a suggestion for some additional info. I'd like you to consider adding.
        My edits, suggestions and comments are marked with ## just below a snip of your words.

        Thanks.
        Jamie DeBenedetto
        Artisana Nut Butter Monitor

        You - Each package has the following on it: "Made on machinery that processes tree nuts, but the facility is free from peanuts, gluten dairy, and soy.

        ##Edit - , missing after "gluten"
        You - All superfood nut butters are a product of California, USA.

        ##Comment – Thank you for including that. The other two testers didn't include anything about processing location and I personally find that info. very important.
        You – In Berry Antioxidant Nut Butter - Ingredients: raw organic cashew butter, raw organic almond oil, raw organic goji berry powder, raw organic elderberry powder, raw organic agave and raw organic stevia
        ##Edit – in all the rest of the ingredient lists you have the first "raw" capitalized, this one is not. Please uniform.

        You - Marine Phyto Plankton

        ##Edit – They have Phytoplankton as all one word.
        You - Total Carboydrates 4 g

        ##Edit – This one is in the Marine Phytoplankton section: "Carbohydrates" is misspelled

        You - The packages have directs to "Knead it, Squeeze it, Enjoy!"

        ##Edit – directions
        You - While I did not enjoy a package (I'm waiting until I can hit the trail with them), I need knead the package.

        ##Edit – "need knead" ???huh??? Please correct
        You - The package seems sturdy and while I was initially worried about the package popping if I kneaded it too hard, it stood to my rough kneaded and I am no longer worried about it popping open.

        ##Edit – stood to my rough "kneaded" – Do you mean "stood up to" my rough "kneading" ?

        You - Also the nut butters are made in a facility free from common allergens - peanuts, gluten dairy, and soy- which is a plus for those with allergies.

        ##Edit – you already mentioned this information at the top of your IR

        ##Edit - you forgot to conclude your report with the required ending something like, "This concludes my _________ report, please check back etc....."

        ##Comment/Question –I'm curious if the company lists what their intended purpose is, meaning are these like Honey Stingers or Power Shots where you simply squeeze the contents into your mouth or are they meant as more of a spread used to enhance something else akin to peanut butter or nutella? What's your take and how do you plan to utilize them?