EDIT/APPROVAL - IR - LuxuryLite Ultralite Cot - Steven Kidd

  • Mike Mosack
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 3, 2013
      Hi Steve,

      I am the mystery (or “mysery” if you prefer) monitor for this test series. I see that my name
      was left off the Admin site for this item. If you save my email address
      you'll have it for the subsequent reports.

      Here are your edits in the usual format
      EDIT - must change
      edit - my recommended change if you agree
      comment - just that

      comment – Good HTML and photos. Overall, a good report. There are a few edits however, so here they are...

      “The package was actually comparable in size to a self inflating sleep pad I used from the same manufacturer around a decade and a half ago.”

      edit – self-inflating (with a hyphen)

      “Upon further inspection of the cot, it includes the nylon bed sheet, which quite thin and certainly only has minimal to no R insulating value.”

      EDIT – “which (is) quite thin…”

      “There are two shock corded aluminum poles that insert into sleeves along the outer edged of the bed sheet.”

      Edit – shock-corded (with a hyphen)

      EDIT – edge, not edged…

      “The cot is provided with 12 nylon feet and 16 aluminum poles (8 male & 8 female) that create the bow frames.”

      Edit – I would replace “is provided with” with (includes) “The cot includes 12 nylon…”

      “The sewn channels in which the shock corded poles are inserted have 8 oval shaped insert holes along each side to insert the nylon feet.”

      Edit – shock-corded (with a hyphen)

      “In the six bow configuration the, second slot from each end of the cot is unused and in the four bow configuration the first and third slot on either end is not used.”

      EDIT – remove the comma after “the”

      “Notice varying setup configurations images below.”

      EDIT – “configuration” does not need to be pluralized since “images” is already

      “In my final test I was able to accomplish it in 3 minutes 18 seconds.”

      Comment – I think that since this is only the IR and not the LTR, referring to this as the final test, might be premature. I am kind of hoping that at some point in the LTR, you have become proficient at the set up where you could report on your average time to set this up. Maybe just call this your third set up attempt or something similar.

      “The standard setup was quite comfortable in my opinion, but the lightweight appeared to sag somewhat in both the center and the bed sheet appeared to sag at both the head and the foot.”

      EDIT – in both the center? This just reads odd to me. Did you mean, “The standard setup was quite comfortable in my opinion, but the lightweight appeared to sag somewhat in the center and the bed sheet appeared to sag at both the head and the foot.” (I removed the word “both”)

      “I decided to put a self inflating pad on the cot for a comfort test.”

      Edit – self-inflating (with a hyphen)

      “I'm not what caused the chip, but it immediately concerned me as the advertising mentions strength and durability under "heavy use".”

      EDIT – I’m not (sure) what caused…

      Comment – with regard to this issue, a heading of “CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE” would be appropriate for the full buyer experience and a description of your experiences with them (good and bad) I like it that you described how and what happened as it could be a potential problem across the entire product line being a weak material or design. Photos of the chip (damage) would also be a good touch for the rest of us so we could see exactly what you’re dealing with.

      That's it so feel free to upload when you're ready and please remember to
      delete the test file copy.
      See you an a couple of months and I hope you sleep well!
      Mike
      mosack at earthlink dot net

    • Kathy Waters
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 4, 2013
        OK, for the life of me, I can’t find the original posting of this IR! Can you provide me with a date, please? Thanks!

        Kathy

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 4, 2013
          Here you go Kathy,
          I too had to look for it as it never arrived in my email notifications
          75390 IR--THERM-A-REST LUXURYLITE ULTRALITE COT -- STEVE KIDD ftroop94 Mar 21, 2013
          11:22 pm

          Mike

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 5, 2013
            Thanks for all the edits Mike! I was in a hurry to get it done before leaving town, so thanks for catching my errors!