EDIT: LTR: Obermeyer Kestral jacket - Christensen

  • Kathy Waters
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3 1:37 PM
      Ryan,

      Thank you for your LTR. Seems like the Obermeyer Kestral jacket worked well
      for you! I have a couple of their jackets and think they are great. I have
      just a couple of minor edits for you and then you are done! Also, just a
      couple of washing hints (since, I suspect you don't do much <g>). You
      should have the jacket front and any pocket zippers closed when you wash the
      jacket so as to prevent snags. You are correct in washing it inside out -
      that'll save the exterior and color. I found that hanging the jacket on a
      wooden or plastic coat hanger to work best for the quickest dry times. Here
      in CO where the air is dry, my Obermeyers dry overnight. In your, more
      humid, climate, it will probably take longer though.

      Anyway, see you on another test!

      Temperatures were a bit warmer; in the upper 20s to mid 30s F (-3 - 2 C).

      Edit/Comment: I think it would be clearer to use "(-3 to 2 C) in this case.

      I placed the Kestral in my wife's front-loading washing machine.

      COMMENT: Your "wife's front-loading washing machine"? Really? <g>

      I am hopeful the residual grease will come in the next laundering.

      EDIT: You need to add "off" after "come" and before "in".

      From: Ryan Christensen <bigdawgryan@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3 5:19 PM
        Kathy,

        Thanks for the quick turn on the edits. I have incorporated your suggestions and have posted my report in the proper folder. I also deleted my HTML file from the TESTS folder.

        Thanks again to Obermeyer and BGT for the opportunity to test this great winter jacket.

        See you on the next one.

        Ryan