EDIT: LTR - Dahlgren Backpacking Socks - Dawn Larsen

  • Kerri Larkin
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2013
      Hi Dawn,

      My apologies for the delay in getting my edits to you. Thanks for another interesting report! HTML looks just fine, so go ahead and upload after the edits. Don't forget to delete your test report. Edits follow the standard format...

      Comment: Your report appears to use a double space format between sentences for most of it. Because there are more double spaces than single spaces, I'll edit it to a double space format, but one of the Mods may pick this up and request single spacing.

      24-26 November ...at night and clear. Trail conditions...
      EDIT: Single space between 'clear' and 'trail' needs to be double space for consistency

      21-23 December... at night and clear. Trail conditions...
      EDIT: single space between 'clear' and 'trail'.

      18-20 January... at night and clear. Trail conditions...
      EDIT: Same - double space needed.

      8-10 February... at night and drizzle. Trail conditions...
      EDIT: Same - double space needed.

      18-19 March... at night and clear. Trail conditions...
      EDIT: Same - double space needed.

      Fit - I wear the socks with boots that fit me width-wise, but are a little too long so the extra padding helps fill up the empty spaces. If it is wet, ...
      EDIT:Extra space needed between 'spaces' and 'If'.

      The shoes were not specifically for winter, but are waterproof so I know it was not that the socks got wet that was causing the cold feet. The same thing happened to me with my hiking boots...
      EDIT: Extra space needed between 'feet' and 'The'.

      They are great when I first put them on, but I probably will use sock liners if I ever hike/walk with them in snow again. They kept my feet absolutely warm...
      EDIT: Extra space needed between 'again' and 'They'.

      However, they did pil a bit on the soles and where my boots rub...
      EDIT: Please replace 'pil' with 'pill'

      I like these socks best for day hikes in winter in the South and to sleep in on camping trips in colder climates. I have a huge problem with the calf height of the socks.
      EDIT: Extra space needed between 'climates' and 'I'

      However, they feel so good when I first put them on. They wick incredibly well. Oh if these socks had only been knee-socks...
      EDIT: Extra space needed between 'on' and 'They'.
      EDIT: Extra space needed between 'well' and 'Oh'

      That's all I have for you Dawn. It's been a pleasure working with you and I look forward to doing so again in the future.

      Best wishes,

      Kerri