Application - SCARPA Rapid LT Shoes - Kara Stanley

  • K S
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2013
       I have read the test requirements stated in
      BGT tester bylaws, v. 0609, and will comply with them to the best of my
      abilities. My test agreement  has been submitted and is on file.

      NAME:

         Kara Stanley

      EMAIL:

        karguo (at) yahoo (dot) com

      AGE:
              30

      LOCATION:           Phoenix, Az

      GENDER:

      I have been hiking most of my life and backpacking since 2006. I have hiked
      mostly on the east coast, doing weekend trips in the Appalachian Mountains.
      Since moving to Arizona, my hikes have ranged from short desert hikes to
      overnight backpacking trips in the mountains. Recently I have taken up
      canyoneering and off-trail hiking/backpacking to spice things up. I currently
      use a solo non-free standing tent, canister stove, purification tabs, and
      lightweight trail runners, conditions permitting, to cut down on weight. My
      hikes are solo and range from an overnight trip to 4-5 nights on the trail.

      Test Plan:

      I generally backpack one
      weekend a month and hike 2 of the 3 other weekends. I prefer wearing
      lightweight shoes over heavy hiking boot so these shoes will do just fine. I
      will wear these shoes on my backpacking trips turning the test period as well
      as on day hikes to get plenty of miles in on them. My hiking/backpacking trips
      range from easy trails to off-trail hikes involving rock scrambling and water
      crossings. Things that I will look for in the shoes are: 1) Do they fit right
      out of the box or require a break-in period? 2) Does the sticky rubber provide
      extra confidence for rock scrambing and water crossings? 3) How well to they
      hold up? 4) Does the fit change once they get wet? 5) Do they have enough
      padding to brutal downhill hikes? 6) A low-profile midsole keep my foot closer to the trail for
      stability? 7) Does the toe rand provide protection to my toes when clamoring around
      on rocks? 8) Do the laces provide a better fit or are they just annoying going
      all the way to the toe?

      Current tests:

      Sea to Summit Ultra Mesh
      Sack

      Sea to Summit Dry
      Stopper Bag

      Artisana Foods – nut
      butters and superfoods

      Outstanding applications: None

      Link to

      Previous Test Reports:

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/karguo

      Link to Tester

      Status Page:  http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1820.htm

      Additional BGT roles: Monitor

      Thanks to Scarpa and BackpackGearTest.org for their consideration.

      ~~~

      "Making the world a better place is not only your responsibility, it is your joy, it is your blessing, it is your gift, it's your opportunity to make your life mean something, so take it." ~ Derrick N. Ashong