TEST CALL - Recharge with the Nano Tent

  • Derek Hansen
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 1, 2013
      Formosa Enterprises and BackpackGearTest.org are pleased to provide 3 testers with their new NANO tent.

      Anyone who followed the news behind the recent Outdoor Retailer Show has been looking out for this product. We are pleased to be one of the first to work with this new vendor.

      The NANO tent uses a proprietary nano technology impregnated into the fabric, allowing for solar recharging across the entire surface. Because the cells cover such a wide area, the tent can generate enough power to operate 2 laptops, a small DC boom-box, charge cell phones, and even light the tent. The tent includes flat lithium-ion batteries and USB connections.

      This is a 4-person, 3-season tent and weights 2.2 lbs, including the rain fly. List price is $785.

      APPLICATION PARAMETERS

      Please include the following in your short but succinct application:

      1. Subject line: APPLICATION - NANO Tent - Your Name
      2. The opening disclaimer for testing
      3. A brief personal bio
      4. A brief test plan (just long enough to demonstrate you understand the product and where you will be testing it.)
      5. A link to your previous tests/ORs (summary page) and number of ORs in the last 12 months
      6. List your current test load, AND a link to your test status page
      7. List any applications currently under consideration
      8. List any additional BGT roles (mentor, monitor, etc.)

      TEST SPECIFICS
      * US shipping included
      * Newbies are NOT ALLOWED.
      * This is a two-ply, 3-season tent.
      * Overnight use is MANDATORY.
      * No "Mod" spots allowed. Anyone interested MUST submit an app.

      I'm expecting a lot of interest in this tent, so I will discriminate those apps that do not include erything.

      MORE DETAILS
      > http://www.usaring.com/nanotent.htm

      This test call will close at midnight (MST), Monday, April 8, 2013.

      Please Cc my personal email address along with the list to ensure I receive your application.

      73,

      ~derek
    • alex
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 11, 2013
        Is this test still open to apply for? I couldn't find a message saying it has closed, but it says in the original announcement that it closes on the 8th. I don't know how I missed seeing this call! Thanks,

        -Alex Legg

        --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Derek Hansen <derek.hansen@...> wrote:

        > Formosa Enterprises and BackpackGearTest.org are pleased to provide 3 testers with their new NANO tent.
        >
        > Anyone who followed the news behind the recent Outdoor Retailer Show has been looking out for this product. We are pleased to be one of the first to work with this new vendor.
        >
        > The NANO tent uses a proprietary nano technology impregnated into the fabric, allowing for solar recharging across the entire surface. Because the cells cover such a wide area, the tent can generate enough power to operate 2 laptops, a small DC boom-box, charge cell phones, and even light the tent. The tent includes flat lithium-ion batteries and USB connections.
        >
        > This is a 4-person, 3-season tent and weights 2.2 lbs, including the rain fly. List price is $785.
        >

        > APPLICATION PARAMETERS
        >
        > Please include the following in your short but succinct application:
        >
        > 1. Subject line: APPLICATION - NANO Tent - Your Name
        > 2. The opening disclaimer for testing
        > 3. A brief personal bio
        > 4. A brief test plan (just long enough to demonstrate you understand the product and where you will be testing it.)
        > 5. A link to your previous tests/ORs (summary page) and number of ORs in the last 12 months
        > 6. List your current test load, AND a link to your test status page
        > 7. List any applications currently under consideration
        > 8. List any additional BGT roles (mentor, monitor, etc.)
        >
        > TEST SPECIFICS
        > * US shipping included
        > * Newbies are NOT ALLOWED.
        > * This is a two-ply, 3-season tent.
        > * Overnight use is MANDATORY.
        > * No "Mod" spots allowed. Anyone interested MUST submit an app.
        >
        > I'm expecting a lot of interest in this tent, so I will discriminate those apps that do not include erything.
        >

        > MORE DETAILS
        > > http://www.usaring.com/nanotent.htm
        >
        > This test call will close at midnight (MST), Monday, April 8, 2013.
        >
        > Please Cc my personal email address along with the list to ensure I receive your application.
        >
        > 73,
        >
        > ~derek

      • Kathy Waters
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 11, 2013
          Nah, we didn’t get enough apps, so we Directors drew lots and are taking
          them for ourselves.

          Kathleen (Kathy) Waters

          Senior Director BackpackGearTest.org

          <http://www.backpackgeartest.org> www.backpackgeartest.org

          <mailto:Kathy@...> Kathy@...

          113 Latigo Lane D117

          Cañon City, CO 81212

          248-895-1553

          Is this test still open to apply for? I couldn't find a message saying it
          has closed, but it says in the original announcement that it closes on the
          8th. I don't know how I missed seeing this call! Thanks,

          -Alex Legg

          <mailto:backpackgeartesters%40yahoogroups.com> , Derek Hansen
          <derek.hansen@...> wrote:

          > Formosa Enterprises and BackpackGearTest.org are pleased to provide 3
          testers with their new NANO tent.

          > Anyone who followed the news behind the recent Outdoor Retailer Show has
          been looking out for this product. We are pleased to be one of the first to
          work with this new vendor.

          > The NANO tent uses a proprietary nano technology impregnated into the
          fabric, allowing for solar recharging across the entire surface. Because the
          cells cover such a wide area, the tent can generate enough power to operate
          2 laptops, a small DC boom-box, charge cell phones, and even light the tent.
          The tent includes flat lithium-ion batteries and USB connections.

          > This is a 4-person, 3-season tent and weights 2.2 lbs, including the rain
          fly. List price is $785.

          > APPLICATION PARAMETERS
          >
          > Please include the following in your short but succinct application:
          >
          > 1. Subject line: APPLICATION - NANO Tent - Your Name
          > 2. The opening disclaimer for testing
          > 3. A brief personal bio
          > 4. A brief test plan (just long enough to demonstrate you understand the
          product and where you will be testing it.)
          > 5. A link to your previous tests/ORs (summary page) and number of ORs in
          the last 12 months
          > 6. List your current test load, AND a link to your test status page
          > 7. List any applications currently under consideration
          > 8. List any additional BGT roles (mentor, monitor, etc.)
          >
          > TEST SPECIFICS
          > * US shipping included
          > * Newbies are NOT ALLOWED.
          > * This is a two-ply, 3-season tent.
          > * Overnight use is MANDATORY.
          > * No "Mod" spots allowed. Anyone interested MUST submit an app.
          >
          > I'm expecting a lot of interest in this tent, so I will discriminate those
          apps that do not include erything.

          > MORE DETAILS
          > > http://www.usaring.com/nanotent.htm
          >
          > This test call will close at midnight (MST), Monday, April 8, 2013.
          >
          > Please Cc my personal email address along with the list to ensure I
          receive your application.

          > 73,
          >
          > ~derek

        • alex
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 11, 2013
            Well it looks like an amazing tent! Enjoy it!

            -alex legg

            > Nah, we didn't get enough apps, so we Directors drew lots and are taking
            > them for ourselves.
            >

            > Kathleen (Kathy) Waters
            >
            > Senior Director BackpackGearTest.org
            >
            > <http://www.backpackgeartest.org> www.backpackgeartest.org
            >
            > <mailto:Kathy@...> Kathy@...
            >

            > 113 Latigo Lane D117
            >
            > Cañon City, CO 81212
            >
            > 248-895-1553

          • Ralph Ditton
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 12, 2013
              You tease Kathy. Naughty, naughty.

              Ralph

              <mailto:Kathy@... <mailto:Kathy%40backpackgeartest.com> >

              From: backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com

              <derek.hansen@...> wrote:

              > Formosa Enterprises and BackpackGearTest.org are pleased to provide 3
              testers with their new NANO tent.

              > Anyone who followed the news behind the recent Outdoor Retailer Show has
              been looking out for this product. We are pleased to be one of the first to
              work with this new vendor.

              > The NANO tent uses a proprietary nano technology impregnated into the
              fabric, allowing for solar recharging across the entire surface. Because the
              cells cover such a wide area, the tent can generate enough power to operate
              2 laptops, a small DC boom-box, charge cell phones, and even light the tent.
              The tent includes flat lithium-ion batteries and USB connections.

              > This is a 4-person, 3-season tent and weights 2.2 lbs, including the rain
              fly. List price is $785.

              > APPLICATION PARAMETERS
              >
              > Please include the following in your short but succinct application:
              >
              > 1. Subject line: APPLICATION - NANO Tent - Your Name
              > 2. The opening disclaimer for testing
              > 3. A brief personal bio
              > 4. A brief test plan (just long enough to demonstrate you understand the
              product and where you will be testing it.)
              > 5. A link to your previous tests/ORs (summary page) and number of ORs in
              the last 12 months
              > 6. List your current test load, AND a link to your test status page
              > 7. List any applications currently under consideration
              > 8. List any additional BGT roles (mentor, monitor, etc.)
              >
              > TEST SPECIFICS
              > * US shipping included
              > * Newbies are NOT ALLOWED.
              > * This is a two-ply, 3-season tent.
              > * Overnight use is MANDATORY.
              > * No "Mod" spots allowed. Anyone interested MUST submit an app.
              >
              > I'm expecting a lot of interest in this tent, so I will discriminate those
              apps that do not include erything.

              > MORE DETAILS
              > > http://www.usaring.com/nanotent.htm
              >
              > This test call will close at midnight (MST), Monday, April 8, 2013.
              >
              > Please Cc my personal email address along with the list to ensure I
              receive your application.

              > 73,
              >
              > ~derek

            • Kathy Waters
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 12, 2013

                <mailto:backpackgeartesters%40yahoogroups.com>
                Tent

                From: backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com

                <derek.hansen@...> wrote:

                > Formosa Enterprises and BackpackGearTest.org are pleased to provide 3
                testers with their new NANO tent.

                > Anyone who followed the news behind the recent Outdoor Retailer Show has
                been looking out for this product. We are pleased to be one of the first to
                work with this new vendor.

                > The NANO tent uses a proprietary nano technology impregnated into the
                fabric, allowing for solar recharging across the entire surface. Because the
                cells cover such a wide area, the tent can generate enough power to operate
                2 laptops, a small DC boom-box, charge cell phones, and even light the tent.
                The tent includes flat lithium-ion batteries and USB connections.

                > This is a 4-person, 3-season tent and weights 2.2 lbs, including the rain
                fly. List price is $785.

                > APPLICATION PARAMETERS
                >
                > Please include the following in your short but succinct application:
                >
                > 1. Subject line: APPLICATION - NANO Tent - Your Name
                > 2. The opening disclaimer for testing
                > 3. A brief personal bio
                > 4. A brief test plan (just long enough to demonstrate you understand the
                product and where you will be testing it.)
                > 5. A link to your previous tests/ORs (summary page) and number of ORs in
                the last 12 months
                > 6. List your current test load, AND a link to your test status page
                > 7. List any applications currently under consideration
                > 8. List any additional BGT roles (mentor, monitor, etc.)
                >
                > TEST SPECIFICS
                > * US shipping included
                > * Newbies are NOT ALLOWED.
                > * This is a two-ply, 3-season tent.
                > * Overnight use is MANDATORY.
                > * No "Mod" spots allowed. Anyone interested MUST submit an app.
                >
                > I'm expecting a lot of interest in this tent, so I will discriminate those
                apps that do not include erything.

                > MORE DETAILS
                > > http://www.usaring.com/nanotent.htm
                >
                > This test call will close at midnight (MST), Monday, April 8, 2013.
                >
                > Please Cc my personal email address along with the list to ensure I
                receive your application.

                > 73,
                >
                > ~derek

              • Jamie D.
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 12, 2013
                  You guys are just mean!!!

                  jamie d

                  > Nah, we didn't get enough apps, so we Directors drew lots and are taking
                  > them for ourselves.
                  >

                  > Kathleen (Kathy) Waters
                  >
                  > Senior Director BackpackGearTest.org
                  >
                  > <http://www.backpackgeartest.org> www.backpackgeartest.org
                  >
                  > <mailto:Kathy@...> Kathy@...
                  >

                  > 113 Latigo Lane D117
                  >
                  > Cañon City, CO 81212
                  >
                  > 248-895-1553

                • Kathy Waters
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 12, 2013
                    Jamie,

                    Does that mean you don’t want yours?

                    Kathy

> [...]
                    > the last 12 months
                    > > 6. List your current test load, AND a link to your test status page
                    > > 7. List any applications currently under consideration
                    > > 8. List any additional BGT roles (mentor, monitor, etc.)
                    > >
                    > > TEST SPECIFICS
                    > > * US shipping included
                    > > * Newbies are NOT ALLOWED.
                    > > * This is a two-ply, 3-season tent.
                    > > * Overnight use is MANDATORY.
                    > > * No "Mod" spots allowed. Anyone interested MUST submit an app.
                    > >
                    > > I'm expecting a lot of interest in this tent, so I will discriminate
                    those
                    > apps that do not include erything.
                    > >

                    > > MORE DETAILS
                    > > > http://www.usaring.com/nanotent.htm
                    > >
                    > > This test call will close at midnight (MST), Monday, April 8, 2013.
                    > >
                    > > Please Cc my personal email address along with the list to ensure I

                  • Mike Mosack
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 12, 2013
                      Kathy,
                      If Jamie doesn’t want it, I have my custom color pattern choice ready as well as the free custom UL backpack order option for ordering the Nano by the 14th...
                      Mike Mosack

                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 12, 2013
                        Na, Alex can have mine unless Nano is going to throwing in a 6 inch thick Ultrabot sleep pad with the warmer nodes and lumbar massage feature all for 6 oz. Then I might consider it!

                        Jamie D

                        > Jamie,
                        >

                        > Does that mean you don't want yours?
                        >

                        > Kathy

                      • Kathy Waters
                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 13, 2013
                          All yours, Jamie! When the tent is shipped it will have the Ultrabot sleep
                          pad as well. Thanks for being SO cooperative!

                          Kathy

                          wrote:

                          > Jamie,
                          >

                          > Does that mean you don't want yours?
                          >

                          > Kathy
                          >

                          > From: backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com
                          <mailto:backpackgeartesters%40yahoogroups.com>
                          > Subject: [backpackgeartesters] Re: TEST CALL - Recharge with the Nano Tent
                          >

                          > You guys are just mean!!!
                          >
                          > jamie d
                          >
                          > --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com
                          <mailto:backpackgeartesters%40yahoogroups.com>
                          > <mailto:backpackgeartesters%40yahoogroups.com> , "Kathy Waters" <kathy@>
                          > wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Nah, we didn't get enough apps, so we Directors drew lots and are taking
                          > > them for ourselves.
                          > >

                          > > Kathleen (Kathy) Waters
                          > >
                          > > Senior Director BackpackGearTest.org
                          > >
                          > > <http://www.backpackgeartest.org> www.backpackgeartest.org
                          > >
                          > > <mailto:Kathy@> Kathy@
                          > >

                          > > 113 Latigo Lane D117
                          > >
                          > > Cañon City, CO 81212
                          > >
                          > > 248-895-1553
                          > >

                          > > From: backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com
                          <mailto:backpackgeartesters%40yahoogroups.com>
                          > <mailto:backpackgeartesters%40yahoogroups.com>

                        • Jamie D.
                          Message 12 of 12 , Apr 13, 2013
                            Wow! Thanks. I'm sure I'll get a lot of mileage out it, probably not as much as this thread but a lot!

                            Jamie D