Edit - GSI Outdoors Pack Kitchen 8 - Dawn Larsen

  • richardglyon@att.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2013
      Hi Dawn,

      As Andrea said, I'm your mystery monitor. Good report, you ladies are making life easy for me. Here are your edits, in the standard format. After revising you may upload. Don't forget to delete your Tests folder copy. See you in four months,

      Cheers, Richard

      ###I have been an avid car-camper for eleven years and I have kayak/canoe camped for four years, in South Carolina, Tennessee, Missouri and Arkansas. ###
      EDIT: You used this exact sentence in a Test Series in 2009-2010. I think it needs updating. One of the hazards of cutting and pasting.

      ### Pouches capacity: 2 fl oz (60 ml) ###
      EDIT: Pouches' [with an apostrophe – possessive]

      ###MSRP $16.95 ###
      EDIT: $16.95 US [Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and other countries use dollars too.]

      ### The components include: pack spatula, pack spoon, mini salt and pepper shaker, 2 condiment pouches, two extra "spurt lids," camp towel, and scouring pad (second picture). ###
      Edit: I'd spell out "two."
      EDIT: Later you refer to it as a "dish cloth," and that's more accurate. Please change here. See Edit below about one word or two.

      ###The waterproof container has two wells for salt and pepper. ##
      EDIT: Two issues cause some confusion here. First, one could read this as either two wells for each of salt and pepper or two wells for a mix of salt and pepper, neither of which you meant. Second, the container could be used for any two spices (or other powders). As it's easy to find small containers of salt and pepper, I use a similar container (in another GSI cook set) for tarragon and dill. Some clarification is needed. How about "". . . has two wells. I plan to use one for salt and one for pepper."

      ###They are BPA free.###
      EDIT: Unless you've tested them, you can't say this. "GSI says that they are BPA free."

      ### The dish cloth seems durable. ###
      Edit: dishcloth [one word] Here and a couple of other places.

      ### The scrubby thing is not any different that what I could buy anywhere. ###
      EDIT: from what I could buy

      ###I wish they would have included something for oil. That is the worst because it gets on everything. Maybe that is what I will use one of the pouches for. ###
      EDIT: It's the worst for me too but may not be for everyone, so as written it's projection. "That is the worst for me" would work.
      Comment: Very good idea for testing.

      ### Stay tuned for my Field Report in a couple of months. Many thanks to GSI and BackpackGearTest.org for the opportunity to test their Backpacking socks. ###
      EDIT: for my Long Term Report in four months [This is a two-report test.]
      EDIT: to test this cook set [Another habit of cutting and pasting, one I'm often guilty of myself.]