Application: Helly Hansen Odin Traverse or Hybrid Pants - Gail

  • woodswoman
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2013
      Richard,
      Please review my application
      to test the Helly Hansen Odin Traverse or Hybrid Pants. I have read and understood the
      current requirements in the Survival
      Guide Version 0609,and I agree to comply with all of these requirements
      as a tester particularly those stated in Chapter 4 and Chapter 5. I also
      have a signed tester agreement on file.

      Name: Gail Staisil
      Age: 60
      Gender: Female
      Height: 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)
      Weight: 152 lb (68 kg)
      Email: woodswoman2001 AT yahoo DOT com
      Location: Marquette, Michigan USA

      ------

      Test Strategy:

      Mostly cool weather hovers most of the year here so I should have no trouble wearing the Hybrid or Odin Traverse Pants. The latter I would consider being in the rain pants category so they wouldn't be worn as often but still should get plenty of use as we get more than enough rain. I would prefer the Hybrid pants but I will test either one more than adequately.

      Needless to say I have never had any trouble meeting the five-night requirement. I backpack often and take many types of trips including both weekenders and lengthy trips. My usual haunts are Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, Isle Royale
      National Park and many areas of the Hiawatha National Forest all in Michigan. If the test goes into early September I will be doing the entire Wonderland Trail in the State of Washington.

      Temperatures will fluctuate but the next
      several months should be anywhere from below freezing (0 C) to as high as 85 F (30 C). Clouds,rain and sun are all common. Elevation is less than 2000 ft (610 m) for the Michigan trips.

      ------

      Current Tests and Stage (3):

      - Sea to Summit Dry Daypack, LTR due 4-2
      - ISIS Slipstream Jacket, LTR due 5-28
      - GSI Outdoors Pack 8 Kitchen Set, LTR due in 3-4 mos

      Test Status Page:

      Many of my Completed Tests (73)
      and Owner Reviews (26) including 3 in the last year

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/isleroyalegirl

      Other Applications Pending: 0

      Monitor (1 test Currently):

      Cold Pruf EcoTerra Base Layers