APPLICATION - Scarpa Kailash Boots - Alex Legg

  • alex
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29 9:05 AM
      Please accept my application to test the SCARPA Kailash boots. I have read and understand the entire BackpackGearTest.org Bylaws v0609 including Chapter 5. I agree to comply with all requirements. My signed tester agreement is on file.

      Tester Information:
      Name:  Alex Legg
      Age:  30
      Gender:  Male
      Height:  6'4" (1.9 m)
      Weight:  195 lb (88 kg)
      Shoe Size: 13 Mens
      Email address:  alexlegg2 AT yahoo DOT com
      City, State, Country:  Lyons, Colorado, USA

      I have backpacked extensively throughout the southwestern United States my entire life. I prefer a lightweight approach using tarp tents and trail shoes so that I can save my strength for clocking miles. I hike on average 4 m daily from my back door and also enjoy trips up to 5 days in the backcountry. I encounter elevation from 5,000 ft to 14,000 ft and temperatures from below 0 F to 90 F.

      Test Plan:

      I have numerous trips planned in Rocky Mountain National Park as well as in the Indian Peaks Wilderness area and Rosevelt National Forest of northern Colorado. I also have a 60 mile trip planned in Pike National Forest near Colorado Springs. I will be in Colorado the entire testing period with national forest land literally out my back door and wilderness areas within a thirty minute drive. Rocky Mountain National Park will also be within a thirty minute drive for the majority of the testing period. I hope to test the quality of the performance Gore-Tex as I splash through streams and stomp through stubborn snow at high altitudes. I will report back on the comfort, durability, and overall performance of the boots while backpacking and during everyday use. I look forward to putting lots of miles in varied and difficult terrain on these boots in order to test the capabilities of a high performance company such as Scarpa. Does the toe rand protect me from stubbing my toe? Does the bi-directional ankle flex give me mobility not generally associated with a boot? Are the laces easy to tie and untie while wet with cold hands? These questions and more will be addressed in my report.

      Current Test Load: Gerber Instant Knife (LTR stage), Sea to Summit Ultra-Sil Dry Daypack LTR stage)
      Tester status page: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1896.htm
      Owner Reviews in past year: 11
      Link to reviews/tests: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/alexlegg
      Outstanding applications: SCARPA Rapid LT shoes (I would prefer the boots but would be more than happy with either.)
      Additional BGT roles: None at this time.

      Thank you for the consideration!