These look like awesome boots! I love my Scarpa "Mt Blancs"and would relish the
opportunity to put these through their paces, please add my name to the pile of
applications you are sure to receive!
1. I have read the BackpackGearTest.org By-Laws (v. 0609) particularly Chapters
4, 5 and 6 and I agree to abide by all rules and meet or exceed all
requirements. My signed Tester Agreement is on file.
2. Tester information and bio:
· Mark Thompson
· 6’0” (1.8 m)
· 180 lb (86.2 kg)
· markthompson242 AT gmail dot com
· Parker, Colorado, USA
-At home in the Rockies, my near term goals include climbing the Colorado
14'ers (30 down, 24 to go), increasing my climbing skill level (presently 5.7)
and preparing for some high altitude climbs. I am presently leading as many
back-country trips as possibleand serving as a Senior Instructor for Basic
Mountaineering school forthe Colorado Mountain Club.
3. Test plan: I have several overnight trips planned in the coming months. My
typical weekend of “peak bagging” includes:
* Packing into high camp
* Camp overnight
* Awake early, climb, summit, descend and pack out
I plan to test these boots on my many upcoming winter back-country trips. This
spring is here and with summer just around the corner, now is a perfect time to
get these boots out in mountains!
4. I have 1 test currently in process:
- Helly Hansen Fastpack Jacket - awaiting receipt
link to my test status:
5. I have written 1 OR in the past 12 months.
6. I have no other test applications outstanding
7. I am not filling any additional BGT roles
Thank you for considering my application.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]