Application: SCARPA Kailash boots - Mark Thompson

  • Mark Thompson
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28 5:06 AM
      These look like awesome boots! I love my Scarpa "Mt Blancs"and would relish the
      opportunity to put these through their paces, please add my name to the pile of
      applications you are sure to receive!

      1. I have read the BackpackGearTest.org By-Laws (v. 0609) particularly Chapters
      4, 5 and 6 and I agree to abide by all rules and meet or exceed all
      requirements. My signed Tester Agreement is on file.

      2. Tester information and bio:
      · Mark Thompson
      · 48
      · Male
      · 6’0” (1.8 m)
      · 180 lb (86.2 kg)
      · markthompson242 AT gmail dot com
      · Parker, Colorado, USA
      -At home in the Rockies, my near term goals include climbing the Colorado
      14'ers (30 down, 24 to go), increasing my climbing skill level (presently 5.7)
      and preparing for some high altitude climbs. I am presently leading as many
      back-country trips as possibleand serving as a Senior Instructor for Basic
      Mountaineering school forthe Colorado Mountain Club.

      3. Test plan: I have several overnight trips planned in the coming months. My
      typical weekend of “peak bagging” includes:

      * Packing into high camp
      * Camp overnight
      * Awake early, climb, summit, descend and pack out
      I plan to test these boots on my many upcoming winter back-country trips. This
      spring is here and with summer just around the corner, now is a perfect time to
      get these boots out in mountains!

      4. I have 1 test currently in process:
      - Helly Hansen Fastpack Jacket - awaiting receipt

      link to my test status:

      5. I have written 1 OR in the past 12 months.
      6. I have no other test applications outstanding
      7. I am not filling any additional BGT roles

      Thank you for considering my application.

      Best regards,
      Mark