Please accept my application to test the Scarpa Kailash GTX Boot
1. I have read the BackpackGearTest.org By-Laws v. 0609 including Chapters 4, 5 and 6 and I agree to abide by all rules and meet or exceed all requirements. My signed Tester Agreement is on file.
2. Tester information and bio:
Name: Andrei Girenkov
Height: 5'10" (178 cm)
Weight: 150 lb (68 kg)
Email: agirenkov AT yahoo dot com
Hometown: New York, NY, USA
3 Brief Bio:
I have been backpacking for about 7 years, mostly in the North-Eastern United States. My hiking is limited to 3 seasons, although I push into December sometimes. I try to take a 5-7 day trip once a year in the summer to a more distant destination. I use lightweight gear on a budget. My weekend pack weighs around 20-25 pounds with food. A comfortable night's rest is very important to me.
If selected for this trial, I would need a men's size 44 please.
4 Test plan:
My annual "get away from it all" trip this year will take me to the German Alps in Bavaria at the end of May. I plan to climb Mt. Zugspitze, the tallest mountain in Germany at 9718 ft, do two to three day hikes in Partnach Gorge and other trails around the town of Garmisch-Partenkirchen, as well as near the town of Oberammergau. The planned hikes are all in the 7-15 mile range in the Alps. The weather should be around 50-55F, and the trails are rocky, with elevation ranging from about 4000 ft to over 9000 ft. I definitely could use some nice bulletproof boots for this trip!
When I return to the states in June I plan to do 4-6 weekend and day trips in the Pocono mountains of Pennsylvania, Adirondack mountains in New York, and White Mountains in New Hampshire throughout the summer.
5. I do not have any tests in progress at the moment.
6. I have not done any ORs this year. My previous test writeups can be seen here:
7. I plan to apply for the Helly Hansen Odin Traverse Pant as well.
8. I am not filling any additional BGT roles
Thank you for the opportunity to test wonderful gear!