Application: SCARPA Kailash boots - Brett Haydin

  • Brett Haydin
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27 3:24 PM
      Kurt, What a fantastic looking pair of boots! With the weather getting warmer, I bet you'll have lots of apps for this one. You can add me to the pile here!

      1)
      Please accept my application to test the SCARPA Kailash Boots. I have read the
      BGT By-Laws (v.0609) including Chapters 4 and 5 and will comply with all of the
      reporting terms and requirements. My signed tester agreement is on file. I will
      have no difficulty meeting the minimum expected use requirements.

      ------

      2) Bio

      Name: Brett Haydin

      Age: 40

      Gender: Male

      Height: 5' 11" (1.80 m)

      Weight: 195 lb (88.50 kg)

      Shoe
      Size: 10.5 US (44 EU)

      Email: bhaydin AT hotmail DOT com

      Location: Denver, Colorado USA

      Backpacking Background: I started backpacking in Wisconsin as a
      youth, being involved in the Boy Scouts programs. As a young adult, I worked at
      a summer camp leading backpacking, canoeing and mountain biking trips. I now generally
      take short weekend or day trips in rough, mountainous terrain, although I have
      extensive experience in the upper Midwest as well. I take one or two longer
      trips each year, where I typically carry about 40 lb (18 kg). I prefer to be
      prepared and comfortable, but I have taken lightweight trips as well.

      ------

      3) Test Plan

      April- August: Over the testing period I
      will take roughly two trips per month ranging from 1-2 nights. My backpacking
      trips take me to the top of 14,000 ft. (4,267 m) peaks as well as high alpine
      lakes, just for kicks! My plans will take me to several base camp locations
      near several peaks where I will hike, summit, descend and repeat. I�ll see
      snow, high winds and temperatures as low as 0 F (-18 C) but perhaps as high as
      90 F (32 C) along steep trails, scree slopes and all sorts of nasty
      environments. I am currently attempting to finish my 14ers - peaks in Colorado
      higher than 14,000 ft (4,267 m) � with the majority of them including
      semi-technical climbs. My
      family wants to take a trip to the Grand Canyon over the summer, but with my 3
      year old, it will likely only be car camping with day hikes. I also have a trip planned in Utah to
      Canyonlands. I would be thrilled to test
      these boots as I have warn SCARPA climbing shoes for a number of years and like
      the way they fit my feet. Moreover,
      these boots are relatively lightweight waterproof and just plain neat
      looking. I�ll be encountering a number
      of variable conditions, but conditions that generally chew through soles.

      ------

      4) Current Tests and Stage (3):

      - Obermeyer Kestrel Jacket (LTR due 4/2/13)

      - ColdPruf Base Layers (LTR due 5/21/13)

      - Artisana Foods (Awaiting arrival)

      Status Page: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1823.htm

      5) OR�s completed in past year: 3

      Link to all reports/reviews: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/bhaydin