Edit - GSI Outdoors Pack Kitchen 8 - Nancy Griffith

  • richardglyon@att.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 26, 2013
      Nancy,

      Excellent report and even better photos. I'm especially interested in this product as I almost applied for it. A few edits, in the customary format, and a suggested addition below. After revising you're good to upload; don't forget to delete your Tests folder copy.

      Cheers, Richard [the Monitor TBD]

      ###Listed Weight: 3.7oz (104 g)###
      EDIT: Add a space before "oz"

      ###The spoon is deep and holds quite a bit of liquid which I measured as
      nearly 2 tablespoons or 1 ounce (30 ml). ###

      ### For condiment storage there are two collapsible 2 oz (60 ml) BPA-free###
      Edit: Not mandatory, but "1 fluid ounce" and "2 fluid ounces" would be more descriptive.

      ### Hidden under the removable base is another snap on cover to be used ###
      Edit: snap-on [with a hyphen]

      ### I occasionally under-season a meal which is a fairly big issue on the trail since I seem to prefer more seasoning when hiking. ###
      Edit/Comment: I think you are saying that you under-season when preparing a meal at home that you'll take on the trail. In addition to clarifying that here, I think your report would inform our readers much better if you added a paragraph or two, perhaps at the beginning of the Initial Impressions section, on your customary backpacking culinary style – utensils, stove, type of meals, ingredients, etc. You have several references to some of these in the IR [e g, spork, tortillas, "my cook set"]; I think a brief explanation at the beginning would make for easier reading and better explanations. Up to you.

      ###It'll be interesting to see how much value I find in having these items with me.###
      Comment: I had the same question when I tested a different GSI cookset. I have just placed a wager on how you'll come out.
    • Nancy Griffith
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 27, 2013
        Hi Richard,

        Thanks for the edits.  I've made the changes and uploaded.  Check it out since I added that paragraph you suggested.  I ran a spell-check but may have missed something there.  I'm guessing which way your 'bet' is going but don't tell me...I'll test it out in the next 4 months :)

        See you in a few months.

        Nancy