Re: TEST CALL - New trousers for spring!

  • Ray
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 23 3:11 PM
      That was not the question. They are winter pants. Nice winter pants. But pretty uncomfortable in warm weather. If winter ends does the test end, the way that a snowshoe test ends when the snow goes away?

      Ray

      > This is a normal, 4 month test, not a "consumables" test.
      >

      > Kathleen (Kathy) Waters
      >
      > Senior Director BackpackGearTest.org
      >
      > <http://www.backpackgeartest.org> www.backpackgeartest.org

    • Kathy Waters
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 23 4:38 PM
        Sorry, I wasn't clear. It's a normal test. Testers will wear the pants and
        test them following the usual minimum testing requirements. Should the
        tester decide the pants are too warm to wear during the test, they will
        report on the conditions they found to be uncomfortable. That is what
        testing is about, wearing/using clothing or equipment in varying conditions
        and reporting on the performance of the item in those conditions. Helly
        Hansen does not market the pants as "winter" specific pants.

        Kathy

        <mailto:backpackgeartesters%40yahoogroups.com> , "Kathy Waters" <kathy@...>
        wrote:

        > This is a normal, 4 month test, not a "consumables" test.
        >

        > Kathleen (Kathy) Waters
        >
        > Senior Director BackpackGearTest.org
        >
        > <http://www.backpackgeartest.org> www.backpackgeartest.org
        >

        > From: backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com
        <mailto:backpackgeartesters%40yahoogroups.com>
        > Subject: [backpackgeartesters] Re: TEST CALL - New trousers for spring!
        >

        > The Odin Traverse looks like an awesome winter pant. It is still winter
        here
        > (1 F this morning and more snow tonight they are saying) but no telling
        how
        > long it will last.
        >
        > Will this test be like snowshoes in as much as when conditions don't
        warrant
        > their use the test can conclude?
        >
        > Ray

      • Ray
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 23 5:10 PM
          OK, thanks Kathy.

          Ray
        • richardglyon@att.net
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 26 7:36 AM
            As I'm going to be semi-OOP most of this week, I am extending this call through Sunday March 31, midnight PDT (GMT -7). So far I have applications from Mike Curry, Derek Hansen, Brett Haydin, Frances Penn, and Lori Pontious. If I missed you please let me know - as with the application, by posting here and by sending me a copy of your application at montana DOT angler AT gmail DOT com

            Cheers, Richard

            And a new manufacturer as well! Helly Hansen has two sets of outdoor pants for
            some lucky BackpackpackGearTest.org testers to take into the wild.

            First is the ODIN TRAVERSE
            [http://shop.hellyhansen.com/us/item/w-odin-traverse-pant-60915/ for Women,
            http://shop.hellyhansen.com/us/item/odin-traverse-pant-60910/ for Men

            And then there's the ODIN GUIDE LIGHT for Men:
            http://shop.hellyhansen.com/us/item/odin-guide-light-pant-60911/?t_type=src&t_ty\
            pe=cat and HYBRID for Women:
            http://shop.hellyhansen.com/us/item/w-hybrid-pant-60917/

            Details: Each is a three-report test. Newbie limit does NOT apply. US testers
            ONLY [no cross-shipping]. US shipping included. Richard is the Test Director.
            Test call closes midnight PST on Thursday, March 28.

            You may apply for one or both; if you apply for both please state your
            preference.

            Rules for your BRIEF application:

            Subject line: "Application – Helly Hansen <product or products> - <your name>"
            BE SURE to send a copy of your application directly to me at Montana.angler AT
            gmail DOT com as well as posting to the list.

            Include:

            1. Opening disclaimer for testing
            2. Brief personal bio
            3. Brief test plan, including backpacking venues, and anticipated weather.
            4. Link to your previous tests/ORs (summary page) AND number of ORs in the last
            12 months not including your qualifying ORs
            5. Your current test load, AND a link to your test status page
            6. Any other pending applications (If before this call closes you apply for
            anything subsequently to your Helly Hansen app, please send me an email noting
            the new app.)
            7. Any additional BGT roles (mentor, monitor, editor, etc.)

            PLEASE keep it short and sweet.

            Happy applicating, Richard
          • richardglyon@att.net
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 31 2:07 PM
              This call will close tonight at midnight PDT. Subsequently to the extension posting I received applications from Andrei Girenkov and Gail Staisil. If I missed your application, please let me know ASAP by posting here AND SENDING ME A COPY BY EMAIL TO montana DOT angler AT gmail DOT com

              Thanks, Richard