APPLICATION: Helly Hansen Hybrid pant

  • Lori Pontious
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2013
      Please accept my application to review the Helly Hansen Hybrid pants. I
      have read the BGT Survival Guide v. 0609 and Bylaws v. 0609 and I agree to
      comply with all requirements and timetables. My signed Tester Agreement is
      on file with BGT.

      Name: Lori Pontious
      Age: 45
      Gender: Female
      Height: 5' 7" (1.7 m)
      Weight: 163 (74 kg)
      email address: lori.pontious at gmail.com
      location: Fresno County, California, USA

      I have been dayhiking/backpacking in California since 2006, mostly in the
      Sierra Nevada, in the coastal ranges in winter, and into low elevation
      parks such as Henry Coe. I have been out at least monthly, several times a
      month in spring and summer, and usually carry a lightweight pack.

      Test Plan: I have backpacking trips scheduled out for the next six months,
      including two four day outings and six two day trips. I will be hiking in
      the foothills, mountains and coastal ranges, in a variety of conditions -
      the coast can be foggy at times in summer, and in the higher elevations,
      anything goes - wind, rain, and snow can happen any month of the year.

      I would be monitoring how comfortable the pants are to hike in, how they
      stand up to different weather conditions, and if they are as breathable as
      described. I would like to know if the pockets are usable or if putting
      things in them make the pants less comfortable to wear, or interfere with
      the pack belt. Also, are the pocket zippers water resistant? Do they snag
      or jam? I would like to find out if the pants dry quickly, and if they are
      really water resistant. And, how durable are they - since I will be putting
      more than 150 miles on them during the test period, would the seams and the
      fabric hold up well, maintain its water resistance, and stand up to the
      repeated rest breaks sitting on granite, logs, or the ground.

      If selected I would require a size L/34.

      My thanks to Helly Hansen and Backpack Gear Test for their consideration.

      Current tests: ISIS Slipstream (FR in progress) Sea to Summit mesh/dry bags
      (FR in progress), Chaco Tedinhos (LTR due)

      Test status page at http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1883.htm

      Test summary page (ORs/tests):
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/lpon2000

      ORs in last year: 3

      Other test applications: none at this time

      BGT involvement: monitor - just completed GSI Stainless Tea Kettle