APPLICATION - Helly Hansen Odin Guide Light Pant - Derek Hansen

  • Derek Hansen
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2013
      Richard,

      Please accept my application for the HH Odin Guide Light pant. I'm intrigued! They look great.

      1. DISCLAIMER

      I have read the test requirements stated in BGT tester bylaws, v. 0609, and I promise to comply with them to the best of my abilities. My test agreement has been submitted and is on file.

      2. MY BRIEF BIO

      Name - Derek Hansen
      Age - 36
      Gender - Male
      Height - 5' 10" (1.78 m)
      Weight - 170 lb (77 kg)
      Electronic Address - derek?dot"hansen\at[mac|daught}com
      Location - Flagstaff, Arizona, USA

      I am a lightweight backpacker with a 3-season overnight pack weight of 15 lb (7 kg) and a multi-day weight of 20 lb (9 kg). My current backpacking style is to carry a simple hammock and go light and fast. I prefer simple, multi-use gear that I can rely on in a variety of conditions.

      3. BRIEF TEST PLAN & CONDITIONS

      When most people think of Arizona, they picture palm trees and a dry, warm climate. Flagstaff, in contrast, is a cold, wet place--markedly different than southern Arizona. Flagstaff is situated on the edge of the Colorado Plateau, surrounded by pine trees and aspen, and boasts more than 100 inches (254+ cm) of snowfall each year. At 7,000 ft (2,100 m) elevation, Flagstaff gets a wide-range of conditions, including summer monsoons, wind, and moderate summer temperatures.

      I have monthly backpacking and camping trips planned with a Boy Scout troop I work with. Outside of scouting, I often get out on one or more overnight trips each month along with multiple day hikes or camps with my family.

      PLANNED TRIPS
      April 26-27: Sycamore Rim, 14 mile loop
      May 17-18: Arizona Trail, 5 miles
      June 14-15: Backpacking trip TBA
      July 15-20: Arizona Trail, 50 miles
      August 30-31: Oak Creek, 12 miles

      I have a pair of Prana pants that have a 4-way stretch and I've really enjoyed them. They flex well while hiking and dry very quickly. The Odin Guide Light Pant appears to have a similar fabric design with some fitting adjustments that would be welcome.

      4. CURRENT LOAD AND TEST STATUS PAGE

      Report Uploads: 10 @ -1

      > http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/dejoha

      Wolverine Boots - LTR due 5/14

      5. OWNER REVIEWS
      I have completed four (4) owner reviews in the past 12 months.

      6. OUTSTANDING APPLICATIONS
      Helly Hansen Flow Jacket

      7. ADDITIONAL BGT ROLES

      > http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/M1800.htm