APPLICATION - KINDLE COOK - Theresa Lawrence

  • Theresa Lawrence
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2013
      APPLICATION TO TEST KINDLE COOK AND CAFE

      Please accept my application to test the Kindle Cook and Cafe. I have read Chapter Five of the BackpackGearTest Survival Guide, version 0609, and I will follow all requirements. My signed BGT Agreement is on file.

      TESTER BIOGRAPHY

      Name: Theresa Lawrence
      Age: 35
      Gender: Female
      Height: 5 ft 8 in (173 cm)
      Weight: 125 lbs (57 kg)
      Email: theresa_newell AT yahoo DOT com
      Location: Sparwood, British Columbia, Canada
      Date: February 28, 2013

      I have more than 15 years of backpacking experience. Day hikes and 2-3 day backpacking trips take place on most weekends throughout the year while longer trips are only occasional. I backpack predominantly in mountain terrain (Coast Range, Cascades and Canadian Rockies) with the goal of summiting peaks. Activities I use my gear with include mountaineering, ski touring, rock climbing, kayaking, biking, trail running, Search and Rescue and overseas travel. I like my gear to be reasonably light, convenient and simple to use though I would not claim to be a lightweight hiker.

      TEST PLAN

      I have some upcoming Ski-tours (tenting and/or hut-hut) in March and April. May, June, July climbing/hiking trips planned (tenting). I will have no trouble meeting the minimum overnight requirements and will no doubt need to eat for these trips. I'm very curious how this will work with snow when I need to melt snow to get water for cooking and drinking. And also, in colder temperatures, the colder the weather the longer it takes to heat up, so it would be interesting to see how long it would take to make a meal when camping in snow. During this period of testing the climate here will be changing from cold temperatures in the first half to warmer temperatures later, so I'd be able to see the difference. But also I'd look at convenience, clean up and portability.

      PREVIOUSLY WRITTEN REPORTS

      Owner Reviews: 5 in the last year

      Current Tests: Montbell Highlander Down Jacket - FR due March 19, 2013
      - Awaiting arrival of Mpowerd Luci LED Light

      Outstanding Applications: GSI Pack Kitchen and Artisana Foods

      Completed Reviews: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/theresa_lawrence

      Tester Status Page: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1909.htm

      I have no other BGT roles.

      Thank you for considering my application,

      Theresa Lawrence