Application: Artisana Foods - Kara S

  • K S
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2013
      NAME:                   Kara Stanley
      EMAIL:                  karguo (at) yahoo (dot) com
      AGE:                      30
      LOCATION:           Phoenix, Az
      GENDER:              F
      I backpacked
      for the first time in 2006 and am now hooked. I have hiked most of my life in
      the South on flat land or small hills. I have hiked mostly on the east coast,
      doing weekend trips in the Appalachian Mountains. Since moving to Arizona, my
      hikes have ranged from short desert hikes to overnight backpacking trips
      throughout the state. I am working towards lightening the load and currently
      use a solo non-free standing tent, canister stove, and purification tabs to cut
      down on weight. Most of my hikes are solo and range from an overnight trip to
      4-5 nights on the trail.
      Test Plan:
      I will take the
      Artisana nut butters with me on my backpacking and longer day trips. As a
      vegan, it is often difficult to find trail ready protein sources, so this test
      will provide me with new options to brighten up the standard peanut butter and
      jelly. I will see how these nut butters hold up on the desert heat, are they
      easy to mix before use if they separate due to heat, do they taste good, does
      the packaging hold up to being stuffed in a backpack for days at a time. I am
      also intrigued by the super foods products and am interested on their taste,
      texture, and how they can be worked into a backpacking diet.
      Current tests:
      Sea To Summit
      Ultra Mesh Sack
      Sea to Summit
      Dry Stopper Bag
      applications: None
      Link to
      Previous Test Reports:
      Link to Tester
      Status Page:  http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1820.htm
      Additional BGT
      roles: Monitor
      Thanks to
      Artisana and BackpackGearTest.org for their consideration.