Application: Artisana Foods - Brett Haydin

  • Brett Haydin
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2013
      Kurt,

      1) Please
      accept my application to test the Artisana Foods assortment. I have read the
      BGT By-Laws (v.0609) including Chapters 4 and 5 and will comply with all of the
      reporting terms and requirements. My signed tester agreement is on file. I will
      have no difficulty meeting the minimum expected use requirements.

      would like to point out that the other food test I am in the midst of will wrap
      up within the next week. This should not
      cause a conflict.

      ------

      2) Bio

      Name:
      Brett Haydin

      Age: 40

      Gender: Male

      Height: 5' 11" (1.80 m)

      Weight: 195 lb (88.50 kg)

      Email:
      bhaydin AT hotmail DOT com

      Location: Denver, Colorado USA

      Backpacking Background: I
      started backpacking in Wisconsin as a youth, being involved in the Boy Scouts
      programs. As a young adult, I worked at a summer camp leading backpacking,
      canoeing and mountain biking trips. I now generally take short weekend or day
      trips in rough, mountainous terrain, although I have extensive experience in
      the upper Midwest as well. I take one or two longer trips each year, where I
      typically carry about 40 lb (18 kg). I prefer to be prepared and comfortable,
      but I have taken lightweight trips as well.

      ------

      3) Test Plan

      March
      - July: Over the testing period I will take roughly two trips per month ranging
      from 1-2 nights.

      My backpacking
      trips take me to the top of 14,000 ft. (4,267 m) peaks as well as high alpine
      lakes, just for kicks! My plans will
      take me to several base camp locations near several peaks where I will hike,
      summit, descend and repeat. I�ll see
      snow, high winds and temperatures as low as 0 F (-18 C) but perhaps as high as 90
      F (32 C) along steep trails, scree slopes and all sorts of nasty environments. Because of the cold, I would love to see how the
      foods hold up in the high alpine cold
      conditions. Normally I carry my snacks
      inside my layers so they don�t freeze, which makes them a little less
      accessible. I love all sorts of nut butters, so this would be right up my
      alley. I would love to see how many different ways I can use the items sent (ooh, is it a mystery?!) More importantly will it provide a good energy boost when I need it. I will also take these along on snacks doing other outdoor activities, such as mountain biking, day hikes, etc.

      ------

      4) Current Tests and Stage (3):

      - Honey
      Stinger Waffles (LTR due 3/5/13)

      - ColdPruf
      Base Layers (FR due 3/19/13)

      -
      Obermeyer Kestrel Jacket (LTR due 4/2/13)

      Status
      Page: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1823.htm

      5)
      OR�s completed in past year: 3