Application to Test - GSI Pack Kitchen 8

  • vicioushillbilly
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2013
      Please accept my application to test GSI Pack Kitchen 8. My test agreement was mailed 2 July 2008. I agree to comply with all the report requirements including Chapter 5 found in the BackpackGearTest. org bylaws v. 0609, which I most recently read on 11 October 2012.

      Name: Dawn Larsen
      Age: 51
      Gender: female
      Height: 5' 4" (163 cm)
      Weight: 165 lb (75 kg)
      Email address: vicioushillbilly AT gmail DOT com
      Florence, South Carolina USA
      Date: 27 February 2013

      Backpacking Background:
      I used to backpack in college a zillion years ago and just in the last few years have backpacked some private trails in Tennessee, Missouri and most recently South Carolina. I have been an avid car-camper for twelve years and I have kayak/canoe camped for five years, both in South Carolina, Tennessee, Missouri and Arkansas. I use a lot of the same equipment for both. I hike hilly/rocky trails especially in Missouri (my home state) and Arkansas. I live in South Carolina and am busy checking out the terrain here with my nineteen year-old son.

      Test Plan
      I hike and camp a lot in South Carolina and some in North Carolina. My son and I are cooks. The first time I took him camping (he was 4), after he tasted "camping breakfast" cooked outdoors, he looked at me and said, "Mom, you're a genius!" We love the challenge of making good gourmet food in the backcountry and on car camping trips. So I will test for the following: Are the items durable? Do they pack well? Do they clean well? Are they actually useful or do they just look and sound groovy? I like GSI stuff and own several of their products.

      Tester Status page can be found at: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1845.htm

      Previously Written Reports can be found at: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/vicioushillbilly

      Current tests:
      Dahlgren Socks – LTR due 26 March 2013

      NO applications out.

      2 owner reviews in the past 12 months.

      Other duties: Test manager

      Thank you for considering this application and thanks to GSI for providing the Pack Kitchen 8 for testing – Dawn Larsen.