APPLICATION: Artisana Foods-Frances Penn

  • fpenn@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 21, 2013
      I have read Chapter 5 of the BackpackGearTest Survival Guide, Version 0609, and I will follow all requirements. My signed tester agreement is on file.

      Bio:
      Name: Frances Penn
      Age: 56
      Gender: Female
      Height: 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)
      Weight: 135 lb (61 kg)
      E-mail: fpenn AT sbcglobal DOT net
      Location: Costa Mesa, California, USA

      I have been backpacking for five years mostly on long weekends in Southern California with one or two 5-day trips per year in the Sierras. My total daypack weight is usually 15 lb (7 kg) and my total backpack weight is usually 28-30 lb (13-14 kg). I am a tent camper and have experienced all night rain, heavy winds, camping in snow once, but mostly fair weather.

      Test Plan:
      I plan to enjoy Artisana's assortment of nut butters and superfoods on the trail. I will test them for taste, texture, spreadability, different ways to utilize the foods and how they hold up during transit. I am always looking for new and interesting foods for the trail. For me, food is part of the challenge and enjoyment of the trail. Peanut butter is a favorite with me and I am looking forward to exploring different options.

      Current tests:
      Energizer Carabiner LED Area Light-LTR due 3/12
      Honey Stinger Organic Waffles-LTR due 3/5
      Mountainsmith Cabonlite Pro Trekking Poles- posted IR last week
      Heat Holder Original Thermal Socks-LTR due 5/7
      180 Tack 180 Stove-posted LTR this morning
      MPowerd Luci Solar Lantern-just selected for test-product not yet received

      Outstanding applications: None

      Link to Previous Test Reports: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/fpenntester

      Link to Tester Status Page: http: //teststatus.backpackeartest.org/T1905.htm

      Additional BGT roles: None

      Thanks to Artisana and BackpackGearTest.org for their consideration.