Application - Kindle Cook Box - Mike Mosack

  • Mike Mosack
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 20, 2013
      Hi Brett,
      Please accept my application to test the Kindle Cook Box.
      I have read the BGT By-Laws (v.0609) including Chapter 5 and will comply
      with all of the reporting terms and requirements. My signed tester agreement
      is on file. I will have no difficulty meeting the expected use requirements.

      Biographical Information:
      Name: Michael Mosack
      Age: 49
      Gender: Male
      Height: 6’01” (1.85 m)
      Weight: 236.0 lbs (107.0 kg)

      Email Address: mosack(at)earthlinkDOTnet
      San Diego, California, USA

      Date: Feb 20, 2013

      My Backpacking Background: I've been backpacking for over 30 years, doing
      solo and group trips, with and without kids. I do day trips, weekenders and
      weeklong or longer trips throughout the year. I backpack in all climates and
      seasons, from summer desert trips to Spring/Winter camping the western
      United States and Canada, to Afghanistan and rely on my backpacking
      equipment constantly. I prefer to go lighter whenever possible and love
      trying new items. Quality and reliability of equipment carried is paramount
      to me over price and weight.

      Testing plan: If I am selected, my plan would be to see if the Kindle Cook
      stands up to the company claims and my ability to identify and test its
      capabilities.

      I would like to test the following…

      1.. Is the stove's quality of construction similar to the manufacturer’s
      claims?
      2.. I’ve used the military version similar to this heating source – will it
      perform equally well in changing conditions?
      3.. I've struggled being able to cook overseas (primarily Afghanistan) due
      to fuel availability for my stove/s... I would like to check this stove's
      suitability for overseas use where liquid and gas fuels aren't available.
      4.. Using a common sense approach, I want to check the quality of
      construction and design to include the seal of the container's lid;
      packability, and weight to size ratio. Identify suitability for other uses,
      such as survival/emergency situations, car/RV camping, fire ban areas, etc.
      5.. I would love to find out if the heating source can bring water to a boil
      using snow as the MFG claims on their website.
      6.. Boil times and duration of heating source.

      I will have standard backpacking and hiking trips from base camp, where
      appropriate. My testing plan includes extended time in the field, day and
      night in varying climates and terrain, to include rocky desert floor to
      forested mountains. I plan to use the Kindle Cook Box during all of my
      upcoming hiking, backpacking, and cycling trips.

      My tester status link: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1872.htm

      I have no other applications currently submitted at this time.

      I have no items being currently tested.

      My tester status link: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1872.htm

      Link to my reviews: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/mosack

      I have completed 0 owner reviews within the past year.

      Labors of love – I am an OR editor and test monitor.

      Mike Mosack

      Nope, not the electronic kindle for reading books…
      Our new friends at Amundson Outdoor Products Ltd have an exciting new combo
      of
      cookware for three lucky testers. I have
      to say, this looks like an interesting test, so I hope to see plenty of
      applications! This is a stove-type system that uses water
      activated heat packs to bring water to a boil.
      The manufacturer claims this product will work with snow as well, so for
      those of you who struggle to find a reliable winter stove, now is your
      chance!

      This is a new manufacturer to BGT and will include
      both the Cook Box and the Café. Get your
      food and a hot beverage with this one!

      Check
      them out here:

      www.kindlecook.ca

      I’m looking for short apps that have the following:

      1. The
      opening disclaimer for testing

      2. Your bio

      3. A brief test plan; just enough to demonstrate that you understand the
      product
      and where/how you will be testing it and how you will meet the minimum
      requirements.

      4. A list of what you are now testing and a link to tester page

      5. Number of ORs in the past 12 months (not including your initial 2)

      6. Any apps you have outstanding. Please note if you have a preference if
      there
      is one that conflicts with this one.

      7. Any additional BGT roles you play (mentor, monitor, etc.)

      ·
      US & Canada shipping is included.

      ·
      Nancy is the Director

      ·
      Does NOT count for Newbie Limit – get those apps
      in!

      ·
      This is the 3 Report format and you must meet
      minimum requirements

      Also, don't forget to cc me at bhaydin AT hotmail DOT com so your app
      doesn't
      get lost!

      Please include ‘Kindle Cook Box’ in the subject line.

      This call will close February 28, 2013 at 11:00 PM MST.

      Good luck!

      Bretter
    • Brett Haydin
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 27, 2013
        Just a courtesy reminder that the Kindle Cook Box and Cafe is still open and is looking for your application. It (and several others) are set to expire shortly. This is one innovative looking product that you don't want to miss out on. Thank you to the those who have already applied!

        The original call is below:
        ---

        Nope, not the electronic kindle for reading books�
        Our new friends at Amundson Outdoor Products Ltd have an exciting new combo of
        cookware for three lucky testers. I have
        to say, this looks like an interesting test, so I hope to see plenty of applications! This is a stove-type system that uses water
        activated heat packs to bring water to a boil.
        The manufacturer claims this product will work with snow as well, so for
        those of you who struggle to find a reliable winter stove, now is your chance!

        This is a new manufacturer to BGT and will include
        both the Cook Box and the Caf�. Get your