Application - Kindle Cook Box - Andrea Murland

  • Andrea Murland
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20, 2013
      Application – Kindle Cook Box & Cafe - Andrea Murland
      February 20, 2013

      Please accept my application to test the Kindle Cook Box & Cafe. I have
      read the BackpackGearTest.org Bylaws v. 0609, including Chapter 5, and agree to
      comply with all requirements, including the 5-night minimum requirement. My
      Tester Agreement was mailed on Aug. 31, 2009. As a Canadian tester I accept any
      need to pay for shipping.

      Name: Andrea Murland
      Email: amurland AT shaw DOT ca
      Age: 27
      Location: Elkford & Kimberley, British Columbia, Canada
      Gender: Female
      Height: 5 ft 2 in (1.57 m)
      Weight: 125 lb (57 kg)

      I began hiking frequently in 2006 and spend most weekends either day-hiking or
      on 2-3 day backpacking trips, with some longer trips when I can manage them.
      Elevation is typically 500-3,000 m (1,600-10,000 ft), in the Canadian Rockies
      and the Selkirk, Purcell, and Monashee ranges.

      Test Plan:
      I am very excited about this product! Ok...first, I have a 7-day backcountry skiing trip in May that I would love to take this product on to test it with snow and the ease to produce a hot beverage and meal at lunch. I am very interesting in how it cooks food on backpacking trips through the spring and early summer – is it going to be useful mostly for rehydrating & heating, or actually cooking...am I going to have crunchy pasta? I am also extremely interested in how the cook box could replace the small pot, stove, and fuel canister that I carry in my Search & Rescue pack for any unexpected (or expected) overnight stays.

      Currently Testing:
      Outdoor Products Amphibian Pack (LTR due 05 Mar 2013)
      Kenmark Armband Water Bottle (LTR due 21 May 2013)

      Status Page: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1866.htm
      Previous Reports: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/Ringrat

      Outstanding Applications:
      None