Application: GSI Pack Kitchen - Nancy Griffith

  • Nancy Griffith
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20, 2013
      Hi Andrea,
      Please consider my application to test the GSI Pack Kitchen 8.  I
      have read the BackpackGearTest.org By-Laws (v. 0609) particularly Chapters 4, 5
      and 6 and I agree to abide by all rules and requirements. My signed Tester
      Agreement is on file.

      Tester information:
      · Nancy Griffith
      · 46
      · Female
      · 5’6” (1.68 m)
      · 130 lb (59 kg)
      · bkpkrgirlATyahooDOT com
      · Northern California, USA

      Backpacking background:
      My outdoor experience began in high school with
      involvement in a local canoeing/camping group called Canoe Trails. The
      culmination was a 10-day canoe voyage through the Quebec wilds. I've been
      backpacking since my college days in Pennsylvania. I have completed all of the
      Appalachian Trail in Georgia, Tennessee and North Carolina. My typical trip now
      is in the Sierra Nevada in California and is from a few days to a week long. I
      carry a light to mid-weight load, use a tent, stove and trekking poles.

      Test plan or strategy:
      I love food although I can be picky about the quality and nutrition that I desire.  And I like to keep my pack weight down.  So I make all of our meals at home from
      ingredients that I assemble and/or dehydrate myself.  I’m intrigued by the salt and pepper shaker
      since I occasionally under-season a meal which disturbs my patient husband.  The condiment bottles look fabulous; I can think of a wide variety of
      items that I’d like to carry in those.  I
      like to cook eggs and the spatula looks perfect for that.  Of course a scrubber and towel are essential
      and a large spoon is always handy.
      Test Conditions: (Firm Plans)
      Winter: Overnight snowshoe backpacking trip in the Sierra
      Nevada (California): 7,000 – 8,500 ft (2,134 to 2,591 m); 20 to 60 F (-7 to 15
      C); hopefully clear conditions
      Spring: 3-days at Pinnacles National Park (California): 1,260
      to 2,100 ft (384 to 640 m) elevation; 28 to 70 F (-2 to 21 C). There is no
      backcountry camping allowed so we’ll dayhike and car camp. OR 3-days at Henry Coe State Park at similar conditions but with backcountry camping.
      Day Snowshoeing: Sierra Nevada, 4,000 to 8,000 ft (1,200 –
      2,400 m); 20 to 60 F (-7 to 15 C).
      We backpack at least once per month and day hike or snowshoe
      most other weekends.  I would carry some
      of the items on day trips also like condiments and towel.

      I have written 6 OR's in the past year for brownie points.
      My reviews can be viewed at: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/ngriffith

      My current tests are:
      Honey Stinger Organic Gels (In LTR Stage)

      Labor of Love: Test Director, Monitor

      I have no other applications pending.
      Thank you for considering my application.

      Nancy