TEST CALL – Fire up a Kindle!

  • Brett Haydin
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 20, 2013
      Nope, not the electronic kindle for reading books�
      Our new friends at Amundson Outdoor Products Ltd have an exciting new combo of
      cookware for three lucky testers. I have
      to say, this looks like an interesting test, so I hope to see plenty of applications! This is a stove-type system that uses water
      activated heat packs to bring water to a boil.
      The manufacturer claims this product will work with snow as well, so for
      those of you who struggle to find a reliable winter stove, now is your chance!

      This is a new manufacturer to BGT and will include
      both the Cook Box and the Caf�. Get your
      food and a hot beverage with this one!

      Check
      them out here:

      www.kindlecook.ca

      I�m looking for short apps that have the following:

      1. The
      opening disclaimer for testing

      2. Your bio

      3. A brief test plan; just enough to demonstrate that you understand the product
      and where/how you will be testing it and how you will meet the minimum
      requirements.

      4. A list of what you are now testing and a link to tester page

      5. Number of ORs in the past 12 months (not including your initial 2)

      6. Any apps you have outstanding. Please note if you have a preference if there
      is one that conflicts with this one.

      7. Any additional BGT roles you play (mentor, monitor, etc.)

      US & Canada shipping is included.

      Nancy is the Director

      Does NOT count for Newbie Limit � get those apps
      in!

      This is the 3 Report format and you must meet
      minimum requirements

      Also, don't forget to cc me at bhaydin AT hotmail DOT com so your app doesn't
      get lost!

      Please include �Kindle Cook Box� in the subject line.

      This call will close February 28, 2013 at 11:00 PM MST.

      Good luck!

      Bretter

    • Mike Mosack
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 20, 2013
        Hi Brett,
        Please accept my application to test the Kindle Cook Box.
        I have read the BGT By-Laws (v.0609) including Chapter 5 and will comply
        with all of the reporting terms and requirements. My signed tester agreement
        is on file. I will have no difficulty meeting the expected use requirements.

        Biographical Information:
        Name: Michael Mosack
        Age: 49
        Gender: Male
        Height: 6’01” (1.85 m)
        Weight: 236.0 lbs (107.0 kg)

        Email Address: mosack(at)earthlinkDOTnet
        San Diego, California, USA

        Date: Feb 20, 2013

        My Backpacking Background: I've been backpacking for over 30 years, doing
        solo and group trips, with and without kids. I do day trips, weekenders and
        weeklong or longer trips throughout the year. I backpack in all climates and
        seasons, from summer desert trips to Spring/Winter camping the western
        United States and Canada, to Afghanistan and rely on my backpacking
        equipment constantly. I prefer to go lighter whenever possible and love
        trying new items. Quality and reliability of equipment carried is paramount
        to me over price and weight.

        Testing plan: If I am selected, my plan would be to see if the Kindle Cook
        stands up to the company claims and my ability to identify and test its
        capabilities.

        I would like to test the following…

        1.. Is the stove's quality of construction similar to the manufacturer’s
        claims?
        2.. I’ve used the military version similar to this heating source – will it
        perform equally well in changing conditions?
        3.. I've struggled being able to cook overseas (primarily Afghanistan) due
        to fuel availability for my stove/s... I would like to check this stove's
        suitability for overseas use where liquid and gas fuels aren't available.
        4.. Using a common sense approach, I want to check the quality of
        construction and design to include the seal of the container's lid;
        packability, and weight to size ratio. Identify suitability for other uses,
        such as survival/emergency situations, car/RV camping, fire ban areas, etc.
        5.. I would love to find out if the heating source can bring water to a boil
        using snow as the MFG claims on their website.
        6.. Boil times and duration of heating source.

        I will have standard backpacking and hiking trips from base camp, where
        appropriate. My testing plan includes extended time in the field, day and
        night in varying climates and terrain, to include rocky desert floor to
        forested mountains. I plan to use the Kindle Cook Box during all of my
        upcoming hiking, backpacking, and cycling trips.

        My tester status link: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1872.htm

        I have no other applications currently submitted at this time.

        I have no items being currently tested.

        My tester status link: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1872.htm

        Link to my reviews: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/mosack

        I have completed 0 owner reviews within the past year.

        Labors of love – I am an OR editor and test monitor.

        Mike Mosack

        Nope, not the electronic kindle for reading books…
        Our new friends at Amundson Outdoor Products Ltd have an exciting new combo
        of
        cookware for three lucky testers. I have
        to say, this looks like an interesting test, so I hope to see plenty of
        applications! This is a stove-type system that uses water
        activated heat packs to bring water to a boil.
        The manufacturer claims this product will work with snow as well, so for
        those of you who struggle to find a reliable winter stove, now is your
        chance!

        This is a new manufacturer to BGT and will include
        both the Cook Box and the Café. Get your

        ·