Application - Cascade LuxuryLite Cot - Brian Hartman

  • Brian Hartman
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19, 2013
      Hi Dawn,
      Please accept my application to test the Cascade LuxuryLite Cot.
      1. DISCLAIMER
      I have read the BackpackGearTest Survival Guide, version 0609, including Chapters 4, 5 and 6, and I will follow all requirements. I have also completed the tester agreement and submitted it as required. I will have no difficulty meeting the minimum expected use requirements for this test.

      2. PERSONAL BIO
      Tester Bio
      Name: Brian Hartman
      Age: 45
      Gender: Male
      Height: 5' 9" (1.7 Meters)
      Weight: 145 Pounds (66 Kilograms)
      Email address: bhart1426 at yahoo dot com
      City, State, Country: Westfield, Indiana, U.S.

      3. BRIEF TEST PLAN:
      Kudos to the ORWM team!!  This is one piece of gear I would have never considered for backpacking before reading the test call.  After further research, the LuxuryLite cot appers to be a viable option for mid weight backpackers like me who aren't statisfied with our sleeping gear but previously had no other options besides a hammock.  The LuxuryLite cot, with its light weight design and small package size, seems to be a great alternative to my closed cell sleeping pad.  In fact my sleeping pad weighs as much as this cot and is larger in size when rolled up.  However, as the saying goes "the proof is in the pudding", and so I am anxious to see whether this cot has what it takes to make me relinquish a stoic piece of my backpacking gear.

      I have several backpacking trips planned this winter in Southern IN as well as a spring trip to Yosemite in CA (yeah!).  I would love to take this cot with me on the plane and give it a thorough testing in one of our Great National Parks.  I am very excited at the opportunity to test the Cascade LuxuryLite Cot. Thank you for considering my application and thanks to Therm-a-Rest for providing this cot for testing.

      4. CURRENT TEST LOAD = 1
          Obermeyer Kestral Jacket - LTR due April 2nd
      5. Owner reviews (last 12 months): 2
          Previous reports: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/crazycamper
          Upload and post score: -1
           STATUS PAGE: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1849.htm