Application to test - Cascade LuxuryLite Cot - Kerri Larkin

  • Kerri Larkin
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18, 2013
      Hi Dawn,

      Please accept my application to test the Cascade Designs LuxuryLite(R) Ultralight Cot

      I have read the BackpackGearTest.org bylaws (v. 0609) including Chapter 5. I agree to follow all instructions and fulfill all requirements. My signed tester agreement is on file. I understand I may have to pay International Shipping.

      TESTER INFORMATION

      NAME: Kerri Larkin
      EMAIL: kerrilarkin AT yahoo DOT com
      AGE: 51
      LOCATION: Coffs Harbour, NSW, Australia
      GENDER: F
      HEIGHT: 5' 9" (1.75 m)
      WEIGHT: 247 lb (112.00 kg) (Down 22kg / 48lb and counting!)

      I've been a camper and bushwalker for over thirty years. I�m tending now towards car-based camping due to a range of injuries, but I�m applying the knowledge I�ve gained to use lightweight gear and love exploring with the lightest kit possible. I've travelled most of eastern Australia, walking in landscapes as diverse as tropical rainforest, snow fields, beaches and deserts. I currently love exploring tracks by four-wheel drive and camping with lightweight gear.

      TEST PLAN:
      Ooh! Pick me! I love the idea of this cot and it�s been on my wish list since I first read about it a couple of years ago. Although I love my hammock, there are plenty of places where there just aren�t two obliging trees and I�ve found I need a backup plan. The LuxuryLitelooks to be a perfect option; it�s light enough to carry easily, it will cope with my weight, and it looks really cool!

      I�m planning on using the cot quite a bit to give an accurate long-term feel, so not just when I�m in the bush. I�m even expecting a few visitors to use it at home!

      If selected, I�d like to test:
      how will it cope with my weight; will it sag to the ground?
      how easy is it to set up and pack away?
      how comfortable is it for someone with a bad back?
      does it stay put in a tent, or slide all over the place like an air mattress?
      how durable is it? Is it tight enough to bounce me like a trampoline at first, then ages to be as saggy as grandma�s bloomers, or will it remain comfortable after llots of use?
      Is it comfortable out of the box, or does it need a mattress on top?

      CURRENTLY TESTING:
      GSI Outdoors Glacier Stainless Tea Kettle - LTR due 13 March
      Energizer Carabiner Area LED Light - LTR due 12 March

      ORs IN LAST 12 MONTHS
      Sorry, nil - just got a mortgage and don�t have spare cash to buy new gear!

      CURRENT APPLICATIONS
      Nil

      OTHER BGT DUTIES
      Monitor:
      Dahlgren Footwear Backpacking Socks - LTR due 26 March
      Wolverine Gauge Boots - FR due 19 March

      PREVIOUS TESTS:
      My reports can be read at: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/Bumper

      I trust my application will recommend itself to you and thank you for your consideration.

      Kind Regards,

      Kerri Larkin