EDIT/Approval - LTR - NEMO Obi 2P Tent - Andrei Girenkov

  • Mike Mosack
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 16, 2013
      Hi Andrei,

      Here are your edits in the usual format -

      EDIT – Must change

      edit – my recommended change if you agree

      comment – just that

      “During my subsequent trips I wanted to find out how the tent will perform with a fly in cold weather, whether condensation is a problem, and how comfortable it is for two person use.”

      EDIT – The tenses aren’t consistent throughout this sentence… Example - Replace “will” with “would” or “might” and…

      edit - replace “is” with “could be “ or “might be” to keep the tenses correct (as examples)

      “I carried the tent with me on a two night snowshoe trip to the Rockingham Recreational Trail in New Hampshire in January.”

      EDIT – two-night

      “We used foam pads, with a 4 season inflatable sleeping pad on top,”

      EDIT – four-season

      “Although the temperatures were quite low, we had a very warm sleeping setup as you can see above.”

      edit/comment – You mention here about the very low temps and warm setup and you refer to a photo above, but I don’t think there is a photo that shows this. The closest one I see is the shot where you see the sleeping bag inside the tent with a mesh roof which isn’t really showcasing what you describe in my opinion. I would either change this sentence or add a photo showing “cold weather camping”.

      “This is typical of winter camping because the cold temperature cause exhaled moisture to freeze almost immediately.”

      EDIT – “caused”

      “The NEMO Obi 2P is the lightest, most compact two person tent that I have personally had the pleasure of using.”

      EDIT – two-person (with a hyphen) and throughout your report

      “I would not hesitate to recommend it as a one or two person three season tent.”

      EDIT – three-season (with a hyphen)

      So that’s it I think. Go ahead and upload what you’re ready and please remember to delete the test copy.

      See you on the next one

      Mike