Re: LTR - NEMO Obi 2P Tent - Andrei Girenkov

  • agirenkov
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 10, 2013
      Date has been updated - same URL as before.

      --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Kathy Waters" wrote:

      > No worry! When you first open RW and you clip on the "Write and Edit
      > Reports" selection, it brings up the box with your lists of reports and ORs.
      > Click on the "Advanced" radio button, select the report you need to change
      > the date in and then just change the date in the "date" field below
      >

      > OK?
      >

      > Kathy
      >

      > Please help support me in my 2nd Tubbs' Romp to Stomp out Breast Cancer
      > Snowshoe Race, March 2, 2013. You can donate at
      > http://tinyurl.com/bem2xm4. THANKS!

    • Mike Mosack
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 16, 2013
        Hi Andrei,

        Here are your edits in the usual format -

        EDIT – Must change

        edit – my recommended change if you agree

        comment – just that

        “During my subsequent trips I wanted to find out how the tent will perform with a fly in cold weather, whether condensation is a problem, and how comfortable it is for two person use.”

        EDIT – The tenses aren’t consistent throughout this sentence… Example - Replace “will” with “would” or “might” and…

        edit - replace “is” with “could be “ or “might be” to keep the tenses correct (as examples)

        “I carried the tent with me on a two night snowshoe trip to the Rockingham Recreational Trail in New Hampshire in January.”

        EDIT – two-night

        “We used foam pads, with a 4 season inflatable sleeping pad on top,”

        EDIT – four-season

        “Although the temperatures were quite low, we had a very warm sleeping setup as you can see above.”

        edit/comment – You mention here about the very low temps and warm setup and you refer to a photo above, but I don’t think there is a photo that shows this. The closest one I see is the shot where you see the sleeping bag inside the tent with a mesh roof which isn’t really showcasing what you describe in my opinion. I would either change this sentence or add a photo showing “cold weather camping”.

        “This is typical of winter camping because the cold temperature cause exhaled moisture to freeze almost immediately.”

        EDIT – “caused”

        “The NEMO Obi 2P is the lightest, most compact two person tent that I have personally had the pleasure of using.”

        EDIT – two-person (with a hyphen) and throughout your report

        “I would not hesitate to recommend it as a one or two person three season tent.”

        EDIT – three-season (with a hyphen)

        So that’s it I think. Go ahead and upload what you’re ready and please remember to delete the test copy.

        See you on the next one

        Mike

        Manufacturer's Website: <http://www.nemoequipment.com/" LINK TEXT =