APPLICATION - MPOWERD LUCI LED SOLAR LIGHT - Theresa Lawrence

  • Theresa Lawrence
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2013
      APPLICATION TO TEST MPOWERD LUCI SOLAR POWERED LED LIGHT.

      Please accept my application to test the Mpowerd Luci solar powered LED light. I have read Chapter Five of the BackpackGearTest Survival Guide, version 0609, and I will follow all requirements. My signed BGTAgreement is on file.

      TESTER BIOGRAPHY

      Name: Theresa Lawrence
      Age: 35
      Gender: Female
      Height: 5 ft 8 in (173 cm)
      Weight: 125 lbs (57 kg)
      Email: theresa_newell AT yahoo DOT com
      Location: Sparwood, British Columbia, Canada
      Date: February 5, 2013

      I have more than 15 years of backpacking experience. Day hikes and 2-3 day backpacking trips take place on most weekends throughout the year while longer trips are only occasional. I backpack predominantly in
      mountain terrain (Coast Range, Cascades and Canadian Rockies) with the goal of summiting peaks. Activities I use my gear with include mountaineering, ski touring, rock climbing, kayaking, biking, trail running, Search and Rescue and overseas travel. I like my gear to be reasonably light, convenient and simple to use though I would not claim to be a lightweight hiker.

      TEST PLAN

      I have some upcoming Ski-tours (tenting and/or hut-hut) in March and April. May and June climbing/hiking trips planned (tenting). I will have no trouble meeting the minimum overnight requirements. I'm interested in how the light performs as a task light and as a diffused lantern. I should be able to compare both its use in a tent as well as in a hut. I'm very curious to see how it would be to solar charge it and how long the charge lasts, etc. With the light and condensed packaging it seems like Luci has the potential to be a nifty alternative light source for the back-country.

      PREVIOUSLY WRITTEN REPORTS

      Owner Reviews: 4 in the last year

      Current Tests: MontbellHighlander Down Jacket - FR due March 19, 2013

      Outstanding Applications: None

      Completed Reviews: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/theresa_lawrence

      Tester Status Page: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1909.htm

      I have no other BGTroles.

      Thank you for considering my application,

      Theresa Lawrence