TEST APP for MPOWERD Luci Solar Lantern-Frances Penn

  • fpenn@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2013
      I have read Chapter 5 of the BackpackGearTest Survival Guide, Version 0609 and I will follow all requirements. My signed tester agreement is on file.

      Bio:
      Name: Frances Penn
      Age: 56
      Gender: Female
      Height: 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)
      Weight: 135 lb (61 kg)
      E-mail: fpenn AT sbcglobal DOT net
      Location: Costa Mesa, California, USA

      Backpacking background: I have been backpacking for five years mostly on long weekends in Southern California with one or two 5-day trips per year in the Sierras. My total daypack weight is usually 15 lb (7 kg) and my total backpack weight is usually 28-30 lb (13-14 kg). I am a tent camper and have experienced all night rain, heavy winds, camping in snow, but mostly fair weather.

      Brief Test Plan: I will test the MPowerd Luci Lantern on two or more backpacking trips during each of the FR and LTR periods. Each of these backpacking trips will be 3 days or more in the San Bernardino Mountains, Joshua Tree National Park and the Sierras. I will hike about 25 miles per trip on level trail, steep trail, off-trail/boulders, snow, rain and mud depending on the conditions. This test will be partly in the winter which will provide the perfect opportunity to test the light in adverse conditions for battery strength, brightness, and the ability to recharge while on the trail.

      Link to Previous Test Reports: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/fpenntester

      Link to Tester Status Page: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1905.htm

      Current Test Load:
      Energizer LED Carabiner Area Light –LTR due March 12
      180 Tack 180 Stove-LTR due Feb 19
      Honey Stinger Organic Waffles-LTR due March 5
      Mountainsmith Carbonlite Pro Trekking Poles-IR to be edited and posted by Sunday or Monday night
      Heat Holder Original Thermal Socks-LTR due May 7

      Current Applications: None

      Current role(s) at BGT: I do not provide any additional BGT roles.

      My thanks to MPOWERD and BackpackGearTest for their consideration.