LTR Suisse Sport K2 sleeping bag - Lori Pontious

  • Lori Pontious
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2013
      Hi Kurt,

      here is the LTR on this bag - brief as it is.

      Text:

      Long Term Report

      Field Conditions
      I took the K2 on one camping trip (unfortunately two others I had scheduled were canceled) to Mercey Hot Springs Resort. I spent two nights at the Resort in the campground. Our first night was foggy and damp, the temperature hovering at about 59 F (15 C), and the second night clear and colder at 54 F (12 C).

      Observations
      My impressions from the field report have not changed - the bag continues to be warm enough for my car camping outings. Although I have been somewhat rough with it, stuffing it into the trunk of the car under bins and gear, the bag is pretty much in the same condition as when I received it.

      I have been leaving the zipper undone most of the way and still been warm, since the bag is so generously sized that it tucks in around me, which is my reaction to the zipper that sticks and jams. This is how I am used to sleeping anyway, since I use quilts while backpacking. Probably the only other frustrating thing about this bag is a minor quibble as it is not the intended use for the feature - but the hood of the bag is where I stuff a pillow or some clothing to cushion my head, and it's so generous that whatever I put there slides out while I'm sleeping.

      In summary, I like so far that the bag has been warm and comfortable. I dislike that the zipper doesn't work smoothly, but this is offset by the fact that the bag is so large I can use it as a quilt.

      My thanks to Exxel Outdoors and BackpackGearTest.org for the opportunity to test the Suisse Sport K2 Sleeping Bag. This concludes my review.